Things that piss you off Page 673

Quote: zooo @ March 13 2011, 1:00 PM GMT

Smells just like some spirits to me!

(How often do you use it, Bill...?) :O

He uses is it as a chaser after a shot of nail polish.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 13 2011, 12:53 PM GMT

gay-bones.

WHERE IS THIS FROM?? I have been saying it to Dan with increasing regularity over the last few weeks.. has someone said it on TV recently?

Quote: Nat Wicks @ March 13 2011, 1:07 PM GMT

WHERE IS THIS FROM?? I have been saying it to Dan with increasing regularity over the last few weeks.. has someone said it on TV recently?

I don't know, I wrote it in a sketch a while back and thought I'd made it up, but I think I heard it on something.

GRAAARRRRR!!!! I hate not knowing where I've got something from.

In fact, that is a thing that pissed me off. BAM! Back on topic!

Best answer I found is it means, something is so gay it's gay all the way to the core.

Quote: sootyj @ March 13 2011, 1:13 PM GMT

Best answer I found is it means, something is so gay it's gay all the way to the core.

Oh yeah, we know what it means, just where did we hear it though? It sounds a bit like something Liz Lemon might have said.

Aparently the series Bones had a storyline where the lead character Bones, was a bit gay

Probably don't Google image gay bones.

According to the internet, in season 5 of 30 Rock, in the episode Return Of The RA, Liz Lemon says the line: "Jimmy Slice! Gay Bones! Mikey-Mike!"

Quote: Nat Wicks @ March 13 2011, 1:27 PM GMT

According to the internet, in season 5 of 30 Rock, in the episode Return Of The RA, Liz Lemon says the line: "Jimmy Slice! Gay Bones! Mikey-Mike!"

I haven't seen that episode, she must have said it earlier,too.

Might well have.

Just remembered something that pisses me off SO much, I just had to find this thread to write it down and get it off my chest!

It is......people who find the need to reply to Facebook statuses with a comment so inane and pointless that you can't work out why they even bothered.

An example: Friend of mine posted "I LOVE Waking The Dead - so many twists and turns, it's really gripping, can't wait for part two tomorrow."
Someone replied: "Never seen it".

Well, SHUT UP THEN!!! It clearly wasn't aimed specifically at you, and as you've never seen it, your opinion doesn't actually matter anyway....

Sorry, rant over, feel better now.

Isn't all of Facebook inane and pointless? I know that's why I'm signed up.

Quote: Leevil @ March 15 2011, 12:51 AM GMT

A lot of language is apparently pointless, but actual serves a useful social function. In saying 'never seen it', the Facebooker is demonstrating which social group s/he belongs to.

Quote: Leevil @ March 15 2011, 12:51 AM GMT

Not all of it - I use it quite a lot for business networking, among other things. It's free after all, and gets a far greater audience than any newspaper, say.
Plus it's a great source for comedy!

Interesting point, Nogget - but I was more referring to the fact she felt the need to point out which group she belonged to. It wasn't a flippin' survey about who watches Waking the Dead!