Things that piss you off Page 1,824

That's an awful thing to say. It's 'actress'. She makes Lenny Kravitz look like Buddha.

Went to buy a new kettle at a well-known electrical outlet.
At the sales, till 'Can I have your name, home address and email?
'No, I'll just pay for the kettle thank you.
'It's for the guarantee.
The receipt is my guarantee surely.
'I can't put the sale through without those details.
'Make something up
I'm not allowed to do that.
I have cash or a card - which ever you prefer.
Stoney stare.....

Bye bye.

Just say: "The GDPR prevents me from giving you that information!"

Most people are unlikely to know the real details of what the GDPR actually states.

Quote: billwill @ 17th June 2022, 12:48 PM

Just say: "The GDPR prevents me from giving you that information!"

Most people are unlikely to know the real details of what the GDPR actually states.

Unless they read about it on that internet thing.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 18th June 2022, 9:33 AM

Unless they read about it on that internet thing.

Go ahead by all means. But don't believe the crap reinterpretations, read the real thing: https://gdpr-info.eu/

I don't give a f**k whether Emma Thompson gets her rocks off or not. There are kids starving in India, for f**k's sake. I'd like to think that if I had the funding, time and energy to make a film, it'd be about whether or not the most tedious, overrated, undertalented actress of all time gets the female equivalent of dropping goo. That's priorities, right?... I'm so sick of these older women bonking younger guys and proclaiming it some kind of mystical reawakening. EVERYONE likes f**king... And it's not exactly an achievement, pulling a bloke, is it? Give the average guy enough beer and he'd shag his own grandad. Girl Power, eh?

Fawlty Towers is alive and well in Gomersal, West Yorkshire.

Went for Sunday lunch with the family yesterday to what was once a posh and luxury hotel.
The service was terrible and when I enquired when our drinks would arrive, I was met with, I only have one pair of hands.
We discussed leaving then as at that point, half an hour in, we had, had nothing. Unfortunately, we stuck it out.

The food was terrible and when asked if everything is ok, I told 'Basil' it was not. He just walked away.
We did not eat our dinner as the gravy was so salty it could have caused a stroke.
He saw all the uneaten plates, and just whipped them away in a strop dropping knives and forks as he went.

The bill came and I called for the manager. I told him we were not happy and he started arguing with me.
Each thing I pointed out that was bad or poor was met with 'rubbish or 'you are wrong. He even extolled the virtues of the chef.
I think it was the drunken one that fell in love with Manuel.

Sounds like you were yet another victim of Brexit mate. Thats what happens when your 'French Chef' is actually from Cleckheaton. I'm sorry your meal was a mess I hope you never paid?
I once walked out of a cafe because their full English was a car crash so I wouldn't even touch it. The owner came out after me and I told him striaght that he wasn't getting paid. When he asked what he was supposed to do with it? I said 'Whatever you do don't eat it"

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th June 2022, 8:48 AM

Fawlty Towers is alive and well in Gomersal, West Yorkshire.

The service was terrible and when I enquired when our drinks would arrive, I was met with, I only have one pair of hands..

A GIN AND ORANGE! A LEMON SQUASH! AND A SCOTCH AND WATER, PLEASE!!!!! ?

Don't mention the war... That was my Basil Fawlty impersonation. Good, isn't it?
How many impersonations can Les Dennis do? Well, I don't really know.

Many happy returns.

The closer I get to fifty the more I seem to get pissed off. Some moany sixtysomething woman annoyed me at choir by womansplaining a whole load of stuff that I already know. I wish that she'd sell up and fook off up to the frankly uninspiring semi she inherited from her late parents and give Cambridgeshire the benefit of her amazing singing voice.

Ah, I loved choir as a boy - and we got paid. 2d for a christening or wedding and sometimes more if someone requested the choir.
I still sing along with shows like Songs of Praise.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 5th July 2022, 8:08 AM

Ah, I loved choir as a boy - and we got paid. 2d for a christening or wedding and sometimes more if someone requested the choir.
I still sing along with shows like Songs of Praise.

I was in my local church choir as a girl back in the 80s, it was very strange as I was literally the only member. I used to have 1:1 lessons on a Friday evening. In retrospect this all seems very wrong but nothing untoward happened.

My days as a choir boy ended when my voice broke. At practice the vicar walked along us listening while we held a note.
Miming didn't work. Down to the piano 'Sing your favourite Hymn lad. Onward Christian Soldiers. I murdered it.