Things that piss you off Page 1,823

Jesus. Thinks He's God's gift to mankind.

People get married too late these days... Four in the afternoon.

People spouting their opinions on abortion all over Facebook. Like anyone's gonna change their view based on someone else's post.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 6th May 2022, 4:28 PM

Like anyone's gonna change their view based on someone else's post.

Sadly it's not about opinion.
It's about what some old white men think in America.
Gillead here we come.

I've discovered a scam - or more probably a dodgy practice.

If you are searching online to buy a product (in my case a metal bladed strimmer) The whole of the first page will all be something like 'The top ten strimmers.
So you go have a look. None of them are metal-bladed, just lots of strimmers. But...
Every link of those reviewed strimmers is an Amazon page.

The sites have different names like 'our top ten, top reviews, the best product reviewed etc. All are satellite web sites owned by Amazon.
Amazon is not mentioned in the title or anywhere but there are no links to other sellers.

I searched for other things like laptops just to check. Yep every product goes to Amazon.

Those bloody ID Mobile adverts on ITV3. They make "jokes" and laugh at them themselves. Bloody annoying.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th May 2022, 9:18 PM

Those bloody ID Mobile adverts on ITV3. They make "jokes" and laugh at them themselves. Bloody annoying.

Hey! Look everybody, I've found someone who watches iTV3!

3 things that piss me off -
Travelling to work
Doing the work
Mondays

Don't like Mondays? Tell me why.
Hermaphrodites. They can f**k themselves.

I get pissed off by my colostomy bag.

I can imagine Firkin.
I have a friend who had to have one fitted in his twenty's (now in his 60's)
He's had a lot of bother over the years.

On a lighter note though - we were fellow electricians in our 20's just out of our apprenticeships but the other electricians still treat us as apprentices.
You know, fetch, carry, get me.
One day, my friend refused to be treat like that and when told to go bring something, he said to the man
'fetch it yourself - I'm a qualified electrician now on the same money as you.
The man replied 'you'll never make a qualified electrician as long as you have a hole up your arse.

Two years later when he had, had the operation to have the bag fitted, I went to see him in hospital.
He told me about the operation, which was grim listening then told me they had sewed up his anus hole.
Then he continued, so now I am a qualified electrician.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th May 2022, 10:46 AM

I've discovered a scam - or more probably a dodgy practice.

If you are searching online to buy a product (in my case a metal bladed strimmer) The whole of the first page will all be something like 'The top ten strimmers.
So you go have a look. None of them are metal-bladed, just lots of strimmers. But...
Every link of those reviewed strimmers is an Amazon page.

The sites have different names like 'our top ten, top reviews, the best product reviewed etc. All are satellite web sites owned by Amazon.
Amazon is not mentioned in the title or anywhere but there are no links to other sellers.

I searched for other things like laptops just to check. Yep every product goes to Amazon.

What did you end up with?
Bought one myself last week - turned out to be pretty good (for a not madly expensive model) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09BCKTCTD/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's the exact fella.
Cheap as chips but what a machine.
With it being made in China, health and safety doesn't come into it.
When you are using the 'circular saw - make sure to wear safety glasses, it throws mush and crap everywhere.
My ivy was massively overgrown with some branches hidden beneath the leaves nearly as thick as your wrist.
It was great fun attacking them with that beast.

Not used the circular saw yet - quite looking forward to it.
Had to live dangerously with the guard out the way when trimming round the raised bed with the metal blade - had to ' fix' (bodge) it back 'cos it kept slipping back down.
Started with the black plastic blade, but that broke on first contact with a rogue garden cane - imagine it's alright for a bit of light grass trimming - but not much else.
But, I agree, great value and great fun!

Self important actorrrrs who become their own caricature (yes, Ms Dench, I do mean you)