Things that piss you off Page 1,428

Quote: ComedyGeek @ 30th March 2014, 9:32 PM BST

Did he really?

Sick Rolling eyes

Quote: keewik @ 30th March 2014, 9:32 PM BST

They're remembering a dead relative and feeling sad.

They're only feeling sad about being left out of the loop as the overwhelming tide of Mother's Day messages washes over Facebook. They're either not a mother themselves or don't have a mother anymore, but want to participate in the masses dogmatically posting the same thing to show affinity and a belonging to the collective.

Now, if you really want to see my irony meter explode, then watch me check in tomorrow and witness the same people wishing their dead Mum in heaven a lovely day, blindly copying and pasting the same old atheist propaganda captions that normally litter Facebook.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 30th March 2014, 9:06 PM BST

Unless someone's mother spent all day on Facebook putting up messages of faux compassion, then I think tributes should be in keeping with the dead. It's why we don't have clown cars at Remembrance Sunday.

I don't for one second believe that people are putting these messages up as some form of thoughtful, deeply moving, digital tribute - this is all about them, their need for attention and most worryingly of all, the desire to sell fake emotions as real. They're saying: 'Look at me, look how much I care, everyone feel sorry for me and the harrowing ordeal I must be going through, sympathise...now!'

Most of the people who put up these messages have a dead elderly relative that a) never went on Facebook, b) thought the Internet was for child abuse and c) would probably find this kind of fake, annoying, rubbish as being utterly pitiful.

'We didn't get on when she was alive, I haven't visited her grave in four years, but look, I've managed to operate the keyboard on my phone during Sunday lunch.' Console

All too often I'm baffled by who it is you're actually trying to wind up.

Quote: sootyj @ 30th March 2014, 9:50 PM BST

All too often I'm baffled by who it is you're actually trying to wind up.

The usual people - those who demanded that teenage rioters were machine gunned in the street, but then complained six months later when it's revealed that a 15 year old had been Tazered by the cops.

TTPYO: Milking a cash cow long past its sell by date.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26812277

And if the script only took 12 days to write, chances are it is a bad script.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 30th March 2014, 9:52 PM BST

The usual people - those who demanded that teenage rioters were machine gunned in the street, but then complained six months later when it's revealed that a 15 year old had been Tazered by the cops.

Who is that and do they visit BCG.

I may change my user name to Straw.Manne just to cheer you up.

Quote: St John Morris @ 30th March 2014, 9:31 PM BST

I hate it when Gordon Honeycomb who used to read the news on TVAM comes banging on my front door, pissed up and ranting about "Them stinking blacks". Then he goes and pukes Aftershock all down my sister's legs.

I read some of your other post. Are you Rip Van Winkle?

Quote: Jennie @ 30th March 2014, 9:58 PM BST

TTPYO: Milking a cash cow long past its sell by date.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26812277

And if the script only took 12 days to write, chances are it is a bad script.

I had to read that twice, I thought it said 'Fantastic Breasts and where to find them. :$

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 30th March 2014, 10:05 PM BST

I had to read that twice, I thought it said 'Fantastic Breasts and where to find them. :$

I'd rather watch this.

Quote: sootyj @ 30th March 2014, 10:02 PM BST

Who is that and do they visit BCG.

Why, my dear boy, they are the BCG.

Quote: St John Morris @ 30th March 2014, 10:06 PM BST

You mean the dude who fell asleep?

It's a puzzler sure enough.

Quote: Marc P @ 30th March 2014, 10:03 PM BST

I read some of your other post. Are you Rip Van Winkle?

Quote: Marc P @ 30th March 2014, 10:07 PM BST

It's a puzzler sure enough.

Quote: St John Morris @ 30th March 2014, 10:07 PM BST

Amazing! The reply came before the question.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 30th March 2014, 10:06 PM BST

Why, my dear boy, they are the BCG.

Renegade I don't know anyone on the BCG who expresses both of those opinions, I struggle to think of anyone who believes either.

Come on this is a ridiculous windup that you don't even seem to believe in.

It's so far off the mark its not even coherent argument making.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 30th March 2014, 10:08 PM BST

Amazing! The reply came before the question.

That's magic! (removes wig)
;)