Things that piss you off Page 1,429

Quote: St John Morris @ 30th March 2014, 10:18 PM BST

That's magic! (removes wig)
;)

Yup that famous catchphrase from a show that ended in the early 90s.

Lets kill all the Catholics and burn the witches

Quote: Marc P @ 30th March 2014, 10:25 PM BST

Yup that famous catchphrase from a show that ended in the early 1690s.

you're a 17th century guy

Soots, your brain moves in mysterious ways.

I like it though.

mostly the wrong direction

Quote: sootyj @ 30th March 2014, 10:13 PM BST

Come on this is a ridiculous windup that you don't even seem to believe in.

It's so far off the mark its not even coherent argument making.

You will have to go into great detail as to why my argument is not coherent. Just saying: 'I don't get it' is not enough of an excuse.

It's certainly a good tactic to deride an argument, but it doesn't actually address the argument. Clearly others were able to dispute the contentious issues and points raised, so I obviously represented my stance in a clear and cohesive fashion.

Simple you're opposing an opinion no one here has ever held.

You might as well shout at the British Museum for being gay and attempting to marry the Victoria and Albert. Or accuse pigeons of voting for the pretend jelly party.

There's no argument to address, it doesn't exist.

Like I say you not only don't convince me, I doubt you convince yourself.

Just wanking.

Quote: sootyj @ 30th March 2014, 10:41 PM BST

Lets kill all the Catholics and burn the witches

you're a 17th century guy

AW, not the witches!

So what is your job on Beibers entourage

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 30th March 2014, 11:18 PM BST

Justin wanking.

does it at least pay well.

Quote: keewik @ 30th March 2014, 11:19 PM BST

AW, not the witches!

they do release a lot of carbon dioxide

Quote: sootyj @ 30th March 2014, 11:16 PM BST

Simple you're opposing an opinion no one here has ever held.

There's no argument to address, it doesn't exist.

But I clearly cited something on Facebook that had pissed me off. The argument did exist and the people who expressed contradictory opinions also existed.

In the words of Captain Jean Luc Picard: 'There are four lights!'

Ah you've forgotten which wind up opinion I was disagreeing with.

Oh sorry.

Right it was the one about machine gunning rioters but not tasering teenagers.

The one about the facebook opinion was just a grotesque response to how someone expresses their grief.

Incidentally why are you facebook friends with so many people you seem to hate?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 30th March 2014, 8:28 PM BST

Agreeing with what? That everyone who posts a message to their dead Mum is in some way a hypocrite, a bad child whilst they were alive, mental and a narcissist? Yes, that is quite worrying.

Unnecessary attention seeking/begging for sympathy/weak minded. What's the point? I don't care about their mum/dad/grandad/cousin twice removed. Nor does the majority of people on FB. 'oh deepest sympathy. 'lovely person'. It's all bollocks. It's also shallow and needy. The only person you share those thoughts with are you're family in private. Bloody pathetic attempt for public sympathy. Get some perspective and stop washing your grief in public. Awfulness at it's most awful!

Not only mum's. I have a past 'friend' on FB that posts annually about the death of her husband. However everybody, and I mean everybody knows she was shagging his best mate Dave for over ten years. Yeh hypocrisy beyond belief!

Another were some genuinely good friends who post pictures up regularly of their daughter and what a lovely person she is. That's right, that's when I saw her fighting with her friend in the club I belong to calling everyone a c**t and telling them to f**k off. It's a public out-pouring to often hide the truth I'm afraid.

Quote: sootyj @ 30th March 2014, 11:31 PM BST

Right it was the one about machine gunning rioters but not tasering teenagers.

I'd like to reference specific quotes, but I can't get the Search function to go back to 2011. I knew that tempers were running very high and people were swept up in the shock of the London Riots. Many draconian suggestions were made, including the aforementioned 'machine gunning'.

Quote: roscoff @ 30th March 2014, 11:35 PM BST

The only person you share those thoughts with are you're family in private. Bloody pathetic attempt for public sympathy. Get some perspective and stop washing your grief in public. Awfulness at it's most awful!

Agreed.

I think there were a few people including me who suggested using water cannons

as Bozzer has now bought said water cannons it would appear he's getting policies from BCG

But machine gunning not that I remember, I don't even know anyone on these forums who'd hold such a view.

Again I'm not sure you're convincing yourself.

TTPYO: People announcing their pregnancies on FB by taking photos of Mother's Day cards saying "Happy Mother's Day Mummy From The Bump". Vom.

So much more offensive than expressions of grief, faux or otherwise.