Things that piss you off Page 1,399

Quote: roscoff @ 13th March 2014, 3:06 PM GMT

TTPYO-Paulsted. A few issues

'We all spend 12+ years at school, so a prospective teacher should at least know what the job is all about!'.
Really. You took an avid interest in the hours it took to mark your classes work by your teacher. The way the curriculum changed during your time in school and the techniques used to maintain discipline in the classroom? Especially in primary school no doubt. Also.Do you think the job hasn't changed. Are you saying the job I started 25 years ago hasn't changed at all? Are you that stupid?

My job too has changed immeasurably since I began (for good and ill). In the private sector, as opposed to the public sector, time is money. Tasks have to be completed "TODAY", sometimes working late into the night. There is no clocking off at 5pm,sometimes no breaks, and no union to go wailing to if we are treated unfairly. Complain and we are told "If you don't like it, there's the door". We are not guaranteed a pension. The difference is, we plod on.

Quote: paulted @ 13th March 2014, 3:58 PM GMT

My job too has changed immeasurably since I began (for good and ill). In the private sector, as opposed to the public sector, time is money. Tasks have to be completed "TODAY", sometimes working late into the night. There is no clocking off at 5pm,sometimes no breaks, and no union to go wailing to if we are treated unfairly. Complain and we are told "If you don't like it, there's the door". We are not guaranteed a pension. The difference is, we plod on.

What is it you do?

Quote: Lazzard @ 13th March 2014, 4:07 PM GMT

What is it you do?

Electrician, and if you want more money in this game you have to do more hours and more work.

You keep quoting things without adding a comment.
Is that what you do?

EDIT: Sorry there must be a time lag

Well, you want to go independent, mate.
Every electrician I've ever employed charges a fortune, turns up when they feel like it and knobs off about 4.00PM.
And when they 'retire' they just work for cash.

Quote: Lazzard @ 13th March 2014, 4:10 PM GMT

Well, you want to go independent, mate.

Yeah good luck in this pro-immigration paradise. My Mum received a card through the door a couple of weeks ago that read - and I'm paraphrasing a bit because I don't have it to hand - 'Don't trust your building work to a Romanian. Use the Polish builders you know and trust'.

Quote: paulted @ 13th March 2014, 3:58 PM GMT

I work in the public sector (in the sense that the vast majority of my income comes from the tax payer).

Every single one of those statements applies to my job.

Currently living out of a suitcase and doing 16 hour days. Just home to see the kids for 2 days after 5 weeks away. 4 hour drive to South coast tomorrow and THEN start work. wish I had a 4pm finish.....

Smart arse Fire Safety Officers who go round telling you what you have do to be safe, and then this happens:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-26525149

F**king hypocrites.

£1.5 million up the Swanee.

Quote: paulted @ 13th March 2014, 4:21 PM GMT

Currently living out of a suitcase and doing 16 hour days. Just home to see the kids for 2 days after 5 weeks away. 4 hour drive to South coast tomorrow and THEN start work. wish I had a 4pm finish.....

One day I'll understand the attitude that, "because my job sucks so should yours"

as opposed to "my job sucks can you help me make it suck less"

I used to work nights in an elder psychiatric hospital in the winter, I didn't see the day light for months, got handled more shit than Nick Clegg and got beaten more badly than Rihana on a date with Mike Tyson.

My choice it was the only job I could get at the time that suited my needs.

Now I write bollocks from home and only put my pants on when I feel like it.

Teachers have a hard job and unlike you go to prison if they have sex with their clients.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th March 2014, 5:10 PM GMT

Smart arse Fire Safety Officers who go round telling you what you have do to be safe, and then this happens:-

F**king hypocrites.

Mind you how many buildings actually have sprinkler systems?

OH my sides!!!!!!!! bwa ha ha ha!

Deja Vu?

Quote: sootyj @ 13th March 2014, 5:20 PM GMT

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th March 2014, 5:10 PM GMT

F**king hypocrites.

View Original

Mind you how many buildings actually have sprinkler systems?

More than you think, if you look up to the ceilings - certainly most buildings where the public have access. Department stores etc. etc., and now they are pushing for all new domestic dwellings to have them installed.

SO, they want to get there "own house" in order and set an example. I had many years of them barging into my business and telling me what to do.

I suppose it's one of those things I never noticed.

Quote: paulted @ 13th March 2014, 4:21 PM GMT

Your jobs shit, Unlucky. You chose to do it. If you wanted great hours should have been a teacher. Nobody forced you to do it.