Things that piss you off Page 1,398

Quote: Lee @ 12th March 2014, 9:17 PM GMT

I know console fanboys are just as bad but PC are snobby about it.

That's because us cool kids build our own rigs and don't have to wait three years for some corporation to 'allow' us to have better graphics, faster speeds and a machine that doesn't die after six months.

Also, if you enjoy FPS games, consoles suck Donkey Kong balls. I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again. A few years ago Microsoft tried to link Xbox Live with their PC Live service, so both sets of players could have matches against each other.

But after doing some research, they discovered that even the most mediocre PC gamers were wiping the floor with console leets because the mouse and keyboard are far superior to Fisher Price controllers.

Now go line up in front of Currys at midnight to get your new machine X berk. ;)

Point well and truly proven. Ithankyou.

This argument is like watching 2 turbo nimrods duel each other with pocket protectors

My Virgin router!

Talking to you tonight via an Ethernet connection as the wireless bit has chosen to go AWOL.

Oh God, got to deal with the simpletons that they employ in their shop now.

If they tell me to phone the support line while they have new routers ready for new customers I won't be responsible . . . .

Whingeing teachers-Is there anything that they won't gripe about? Hours, pay , kids, LEA, etc. Most of us moan about our jobs as we don't really know what they're about till we start. We all spend 12+ years at school, so a prospective teacher should at least know what the job is all about! So you have to do a load of marking at home? Big deal. It must be hell sitting there in a comfy chair, TV/radio on in the background, glass of wine on the go. I notice in all the job vacancies that the salary is never displayed for all to see, wonder why?

And if they teach drama they can just pretend that they're all on a space mission every lesson.

Knowing of a photo that would be amusing in the context of a forum thread, but it can't be found online.

I would do a thousand murder trials over spending one hour in my sister's class of nine and ten year olds.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 12th March 2014, 9:55 PM GMT

That's because us cool kids build our own rigs and don't have to wait three years for some corporation to 'allow' us to have better graphics, faster speeds and a machine that doesn't die after six months.

Also, if you enjoy FPS games, consoles suck Donkey Kong balls. I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again. A few years ago Microsoft tried to link Xbox Live with their PC Live service, so both sets of players could have matches against each other.

But after doing some research, they discovered that even the most mediocre PC gamers were wiping the floor with console leets because the mouse and keyboard are far superior to Fisher Price controllers.

Now go line up in front of Currys at midnight to get your new machine X berk. ;)

My problem with consoles is that because games are initially developed for them, and then ported to PCs, they're always dumbed down and ridiculously easy. I have to set them to hard difficulty just so it's necessary to have my eyes open.

Any one els e fancy being ayn executioner?

Quote: Jennie @ 13th March 2014, 12:53 PM GMT

I would do a thousand murder over one hour in my sister's class of nine and ten year olds.

Unless they're really bad kids you're missing the point

Quote: Oldrocker @ 13th March 2014, 12:32 AM GMT

My Virgin router!

Talking to you tonight via an Ethernet connection as the wireless bit has chosen to go AWOL.

Oh God, got to deal with the simpletons that they employ in their shop now.

If they tell me to phone the support line while they have new routers ready for new customers I won't be responsible . . . .

40 minutes on the phone to Virgin support in India and all working again!

(Mind you, could have been 20 minutes if I could have understood all she said first time!)

Quote: paulted @ 13th March 2014, 10:57 AM GMT

Whingeing teachers-Is there anything that they won't gripe about? Hours, pay , kids, LEA, etc. Most of us moan about our jobs as we don't really know what they're about till we start. We all spend 12+ years at school, so a prospective teacher should at least know what the job is all about! So you have to do a load of marking at home? Big deal. It must be hell sitting there in a comfy chair, TV/radio on in the background, glass of wine on the go. I notice in all the job vacancies that the salary is never displayed for all to see, wonder why?

TTPYO-Paulsted. A few issues

'We all spend 12+ years at school, so a prospective teacher should at least know what the job is all about!'.
Really. You took an avid interest in the hours it took to mark your classes work by your teacher. The way the curriculum changed during your time in school and the techniques used to maintain discipline in the classroom? Especially in primary school no doubt. Also.Do you think the job hasn't changed. Are you saying the job I started 25 years ago hasn't changed at all? Are you that stupid?

I was waiting for Roscoff to get stuck into that one. :) Now I just need someone to claim to be pissed off by Legal Aid...

Quote: roscoff @ 13th March 2014, 3:06 PM GMT

Are you saying the job I started 25 years ago hasn't changed at all? Are you that stupid?

My sister and I were discussing this the other day. When we were at junior school (early 90s for me, late 90s for her) the teachers would sit behind desks all day. We would start projects and never finish them and do endless work out of workbooks. Nothing ever seemed planned, we could spend days doing not very much. Obviously that could just be the type of school we were in - it was full of middle class kids who didn't really cause many problems and didn't have many challenging needs.

Now Helen (in her NQT year) is lucky if she gets two seconds at her desk - there are targets galore, all teaching is interactive, she spends hours preparing lessons and materials. Every lesson has to be planned to within an inch of its life.

Whilst I don't think the increased paperwork is good, I like the fact she is actually forced to teach. I think she does too.

When she tells me her stories, I am eternally awed by her patience. There is no salary in the world that would make me do her job.

Quote: Jennie @ 13th March 2014, 3:17 PM GMT

I was waiting for Roscoff to get stuck into that one. :) Now I just need someone to claim to be pissed off by Legal Aid...

Predictable aren't I :) I remember doing A Level law and being taught that Legal Aid was the only way many would ever get justice. It was the great leveller! Sorry about that! But you may actually know more about it than I do (quel surprise!)

I'm disgusted by legalaid, why should lawyers get their own brand of fizzy drinks

Quote: sootyj @ 13th March 2014, 3:39 PM GMT

I'm disgusted by legalaid, why should lawyers get their own brand of fizzy drinks

To think, you've written for some of the greats! >_<