Things that piss you off Page 1,194

I've only recently noticed that Americans say 'parsta' and it makes me laugh every time I hear it, now. It either sounds like they are reading a tricky word extra slowly or that they are taking the piss out of a posh person.

Hee! It makes me laugh every time too.
The best one is when they sometimes say pooma instead of puma.

I'm immature enough to spit my tea out whenever they say 'pants' and mean 'trousers'.

Is there any way we can let them know that they should stop saying 'fanny' like it's a normal word? Maybe David Cameron can mention it to Obama next time they meet?

I think it is necessary.

What about aluminium?

Or aloooomunum as they would say

Douche bags

Quote: Harridan @ February 22 2013, 11:11 PM GMT

I'm immature enough to spit my tea out whenever they say 'pants' and mean 'trousers'.

That's what we say in Ireland...I say it automatically to the kids and of course they love to correct me all the time!

Don't some Irish people say mom too?

Quote: Shandonbelle @ February 22 2013, 11:15 PM GMT

That's what we say in Ireland...I say it automatically to the kids and of course they love to correct me all the time!

Yeah, but we aren't allowed to mock you lot because it makes us feel uncomfortable. ;)

Not sure, but where I come from we say mam.

Graham Norton always says mom. Maybe he's just odd.

He comes from the posh side of Cork so he would wouldn't he ;)

Quote: Harridan @ February 22 2013, 11:17 PM GMT

Yeah, but we aren't allowed to mock you lot because it makes us feel uncomfortable. ;)

:D

Quote: zooo @ February 22 2013, 11:16 PM GMT

Don't some Irish people say mom too?

We say that in The Black Country too.

When I was arranging Mom's funeral I had to choose a card for the flowers and they all said Mum. The bloke said that nobody supplied 'mom' but everyone asked for it.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ February 22 2013, 11:15 PM GMT

So have the Americans taken it from the Irish?

I don't know, but we certainly didn't give them fanny ;)

Laughing out loud