Things that piss you off Page 1,195

Quote: Shandonbelle @ February 22 2013, 11:38 PM GMT

I don't know, but we certainly didn't give them fanny ;)

Not even in 1944 ?

HA!

:D
GI-dunno about that OR.

Quote: Oldrocker @ February 22 2013, 11:30 PM GMT

The bloke said that nobody supplied 'mom' but everyone asked for it.

British retailing in a nutshell.

When you have a wood burner/multi-fuel stove and you have cleaned the hearth and then you open the door to put coal on and a load of ash falls on to the hearth.

The way people react when a woman says she won't have children.
Apparently, we're not overcrowded enough...

What!? you're not going to have children?

Oh, you'll change your mind when you meet the right man/get older...!

;);)

Quote: zooo @ February 23 2013, 8:00 PM GMT

Oh, you'll change your mind when you meet the right man/get older...!

;);)

and let's not neglect the "you're a pathetic heartless monster"/"what's the point in being a woman if you don't give birth" rant Laughing out loud

Quote: Hell's Granny @ February 23 2013, 7:39 PM GMT

The way people react when a woman says she won't have children.
Apparently, we're not overcrowded enough...

And the sympathy older women get when they say they haven't got any, as if they couldn't have them, not that it was their choice.

I get that, too! But as I work with kids I can put sentimental twats in their place when they start to tell me how wonderful children are and how your life isn't truly complete until you have brought new life into the world. Thank you, but I'd rather be able to go to the theatre and have felt-tip-stain-free furniture.

Quote: Loopey @ February 23 2013, 8:25 PM GMT

And the sympathy older women get when they say they haven't got any, as if they couldn't have them, not that it was their choice.

Ooh, that's going to piss me off. I'll check back here in 15 years and tell you all how much.

Quote: Harridan @ February 23 2013, 8:31 PM GMT

I get that, too! But as I work with kids I can put sentimental twats in their place when they start to tell me how wonderful children are and how your life isn't truly complete until you have brought new life into the world. Thank you, but I'd rather be able to go to the theatre and have felt-tip-stain-free furniture.

Ooh, that's going to piss me off. I'll check back here in 15 years and tell you all how much.

I do have children, but I have friends and family who don't and they get remarks from people who make assumptions about the reasons why. It p's me off when people think they have a right to judge or assume.

TTPYO: In the Facebook group for my uni course people have been expressing confusion about how to reference properly and have said they are losing marks because they can't work out what they should be doing. So I wrote a quick document with a couple of examples of the two most common things we have to reference as examples as a quick reference so the ones having trouble don't have to wade through the 200-page style guide. Now I'm getting bombarded with snarky questions and "why didn't you give an example of how to reference DVDs/websites/microfilm?". Oh f**k off!

Quote: Loopey @ February 23 2013, 8:33 PM GMT

I do have children, but I have friends and family who don't and they get remarks from people who make assumptions about the reasons why. It p's me off when people think they have a right to judge or assume.

I get a lot of sympathetic looks whenever I tell someone I'm single. I've had people say "We'll find you someone." or "You're not completely unattractive, I'm sure you get some offers." Nobody seems to be able to consider the fact that I'm quite happy as I am and that the prospect of moving in with the first person who shows an interest is not appealing to me. Why won't people accept that I want to be a hermit?!

Quote: Harridan @ February 23 2013, 8:31 PM GMT

Honestly, they all go into so much trouble to convince us that I get suspicious. Sometimes I think they want to drag us down the drain to keep them company.

Quote: Harridan @ February 23 2013, 8:41 PM GMT

I get a lot of sympathetic looks whenever I tell someone I'm single. I've had people say "We'll find you someone." or "You're not completely unattractive, I'm sure you get some offers." Nobody seems to be able to consider the fact that I'm quite happy as I am and that the prospect of moving in with the first person who shows an interest is not appealing to me. Why won't people accept that I want to be a hermit?!

SISTER!!!!! I believe most people just can't bear to be by themselves, as they do not feel "complete". Which is why lots of people get stuck in not-so-satisfactory relationships just for the hell of it.
Those who do feel complete are not "lonely", they are FREE. Free individuals tend to make the pack feel uncomfortable

Where as if you're a guy the urge not to have kids is seen as sinister rather than sad.