Things that piss you off Page 1,196

Truly there are a lot of unimaginative insensitive arseholes about. I have 2 sons but I reckon there's a good case for people not having children. The world is overpopulated. People have children to satisfy their own needs, certainly not doing a public service. I'm at the stage of being besieged by folk who dote on grandchildren. I feel like telling them it's time they sorted out a life for themselves instead of expecting their descendants to entertain them.

Quote: sootyj @ February 23 2013, 8:50 PM GMT

Where as if you're a guy the urge not to have kids is seen as sinister rather than sad.

Is it? I have never thought that, if anything it seems more acceptable for men not to have kids than women...though I do know from the birds and bees it takes two.

There's a great argument for people not having kids.

Problem is it's matched by people not living beyonf 65 and being a burden on society.

I'm kinda cool with that.

If I didn't have kids it would really piss me off if people were presuming I should have by now.

Quote: Harridan @ February 23 2013, 8:41 PM GMT

"You're not completely unattractive..."

Laughing out loud I hope you head butted them or at the very least, next time they find themselves single:

Quote: sootyj @ February 23 2013, 8:50 PM GMT

Where as if you're a guy the urge not to have kids is seen as sinister rather than sad.

Think it applies to both. Or people assume that if you don't have kids you are selfish, a bit unkind and don't know how to "give" to other people. Total bullshit in my opinion. Some of the kindest, most unselfish people I've meet, never had kids. I've also meet people with kids who are selfish and unplesant.

Quote: Loopey @ February 23 2013, 8:25 PM GMT

And the sympathy older women get when they say they haven't got any, as if they couldn't have them, not that it was their choice.

Or when people assume it was by choice. Not everyone can have children and sometimes medical reasons can prevent them from been able to adopt.

I never understand why it's selfish not to have sprogs. Actually the reverse is true.

Ed Balls. Stary f**king eyes.

Kid's are useful to pay to put you into a home at some point.

Kids don't have any money spare nowadays!
Mortgages aren't 50p a month like they were in old people's days.

Quote: zooo @ February 24 2013, 12:12 AM GMT

Pff! You don't know Chip Jnr!

Quote: zooo @ February 24 2013, 12:12 AM GMT

Mortgages aren't 50p a month like they were in old people's days.

Laughing out loud When would that be? In 1973 we paid £69 per month.

This or That thread pisses me off because I click it expecting to see something interesting but then I remember what it is and it's not interesting at all, even less so than this rant.

Quote: keewik @ February 24 2013, 12:27 AM GMT

Laughing out loud When would that be? In 1973 we paid £69 per month.

Heh, I don't know, I was talking bollocks as usual. Cool

Maybe it was 1873.

When did mortgages start, anyway?