Things that piss you off Page 1,189

TTPYO: I'm reading an academic 'debate' where 2 critics call each other names in long journal articles published at yearly intervals. One basically called the other a racist for saying that Chinese and Indian people couldn't comment on West Indian literature, he responded with ten pages of insanity using a dozen different fonts in as many different sizes, occasionally writing in all capitals, skipping out letters, using abbreviations, slipping into slang and accusing the original academic of playing Prospero to his Caliban (for interpreting his words exactly as he intended them). All an attempt to subvert the imperialist language white people use to talk about West Indian literature, but it makes him look like a complete and utter wanker. If that had appeared online rather than in Wasafiri he'd have been banned from the Monty Python forum, but because he's an academic we all have to revere his batshit insane outbursts. Ugh.

Quote: Harridan @ February 12 2013, 11:16 PM GMT

If that had appeared online rather than in Wasafiri he'd have been banned from the Monty Python forum

Laughing out loud

Alas most prescience are full of shit anthropology is a fetid stew of cultural imperialism racism and apologia
good be better off studying pokemon

Quote: Harridan @ February 12 2013, 11:01 PM GMT

I had a bus driver shut the doors on a pushchair as I was disembarking (maybe he just thought I was getting off the bus backwards for the fun of it?) and then he got out and shouted at me in front of a busy highstreet for my carelessness and shit parenting skills and for potentially damaging the bus. Another bus driver decided to take a sharp corner without slowing down at all, with the result that me and the three year old on my lap and the person sitting next to me fell out of our seats and my (safely secured, so I thought) pushchair containing a toddler toppled over.

Did you kill either of these bastards?

Quote: keewik @ February 12 2013, 11:33 PM GMT

Did you kill either of these bastards?

No...I was typically passive and British as ever. I had a bloody good go at them in my mind on the way home, though! Unimpressed

They seem to be safely tucked away behind bulletproof glass anyway...

Quote: zooo @ February 12 2013, 11:37 PM GMT

They seem to be safely tucked away behind bulletproof glass anyway...

Only in the rough areas ;)

Seriously though, if these things are happening why on earth does nobody complain about them?!
Most buses have cameras on them and this would be easily sorted out!

Quote: Harridan @ February 12 2013, 11:36 PM GMT

No...I was typically passive and British as ever. I had a bloody good go at them in my mind on the way home, though! Unimpressed

In future write a letter. Never waste time on phone calls. I'm famous for my letters which shake bastards up (bank managers, teachers, taxmen etc).

Quote: keewik @ February 12 2013, 11:49 PM GMT

In future write a letter. Never waste time on phone calls. I'm famous for my letters which shake bastards up (bank managers, teachers, taxmen, Ephesians etc).

Quote: keewik @ February 12 2013, 11:49 PM GMT

In future write a letter. Never waste time on phone calls. I'm famous for my letters which shake bastards up (bank managers, teachers, taxmen etc).

a)I cannot believe I've been lumped in with taxmen and bankers.

b)So I hit the kids a little and steal their dinner money! Does that make me a bad person?

Quote: roscoff @ February 13 2013, 8:56 PM GMT

b)So I hit the kids a little and steal their dinner money! Does that make me a bad person?

You're an Ephesian ?

:O

Quote: Oldrocker @ February 13 2013, 8:58 PM GMT

You're an Ephesian ?

:O

I prefer the term 'Heraclitean' if you don't mind

Quote: roscoff @ February 13 2013, 9:03 PM GMT

I prefer the term 'Heraclitean' if you don't mind

Sorry,

"defers"

Quote: roscoff @ February 13 2013, 8:56 PM GMT

As long as you're not a PE teacher or a home economics teacher, you're exempt.

* suddenly remembers other complaints about duff French, Art and primary teachers*

When the BBC make cuts on their DVDs for silly reasons.