Things that piss you off Page 1,185

Quote: Shandonbelle @ February 4 2013, 9:31 AM GMT

People who say 'what you see is what you get' or other sayings that have crept into the language like 'crept into the language'..blah blah.

Ditto 'It does what it says on the tin.' I could actually disembowel people who say that (watch out David Cameron!).

The one that makes my blood boil is "Makes you think." Makes you think what? Doesn't everything make you think or do you just walk around in foggy nothing all day?

Quote: Harridan @ February 4 2013, 10:14 AM GMT

The one that makes my blood boil...

Speaking of blood boiling, boiling in general, and boilers... :D

When people say: " it makes my blood boil "
No! It doesn't!
Whistling nnocently

Buzz words/phrases.

Blue sky thinking

Drizzle

Cascading

I was told on a course I had to 'cascade' the information back to the staff. And that is why I'm in jail for murder

Laughing out loud

Quote: Harridan @ February 3 2013, 6:41 PM GMT

TTPYO: Taking someone to a comedy gig and raving about how clever and insightful a comedian is only for the comedian to be so drunk that they repeat disappointing clichéd material several times in the space of a 20 minute set. It's just awkward at the end when you have to say "He's usually really good - I'll send you a YouTube clip!"

Happens to me every time I'm praising someone and manage to make my friends or family curious for him. "This guy is so great in interviews so witty, intelligent and makes the host look stupid" What happens then is, either my hero freezes completely or loses his usual wit and makes himself look stupid. I have stopped praising anyone.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ February 4 2013, 11:55 AM GMT

Happens to me every time I'm praising someone and manage to make my friends or family curious for him. "This guy is so great in interviews so witty, intelligent and makes the host look stupid" What happens then is, either my hero freezes completely or loses his usual wit and makes himself look stupid. I have stopped praising anyone.

I was trying to tell someone that South Park is actually very intelligently-written, and not just swearing, random violence and toilet humour.

There was an episode on Viva, so we watched it. F**k me, if it wasn't the shittest episode of SP I've ever seen.

That's why I love Peep Show. Try and introduce an American friend (like, say, when I lived in Japan), and you know it won't miss. Sure, some are better than others, but it won't completely miss.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ February 4 2013, 9:31 AM GMT

People who say 'what you see is what you get' or other sayings that have crept into the language like 'at the end of the day'..blah blah.

Also, people who say 'also' at the beginning of a sentence and finish it with 'as well' as well.
Rolling eyes

Quote: keewik @ February 3 2013, 4:40 PM GMT

I don't like opera full stop. I want to scream 'Get on with the f**king story!' Likewise with ballet.

I like some operas but mainly I like some of the songs from Operas rather than the whole thing.

Quote: Pingl @ February 1 2013, 7:55 PM GMT

After thirty days sitting on top of a mountain contemplating the meaning of life, I have come to the conclusion that sitting on a mountain gives you piles.

Now you've bought a cushion and climbed back on the moutain.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ February 6 2013, 3:45 PM GMT

Now you've bought a cushion and climbed back on the moutain.

Mountains are for climbing, I never go anywhere without a cushion, but its very cold up here and I forgot where I put the wot's it. Still nice view Pirate

People who take time away from the BCG for so-called 'artistic' reasons and swan back in here as if they own the place!

Yeah, it's disgusting. Are you watching Wales - Austria, Roscoff?

By the way, good to have you back, Pingl.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ February 6 2013, 8:07 PM GMT

Yeah, it's disgusting. Are you watching Wales - Austria, Roscoff?

By the way, good to have you back, Pingl.

Don't really follow Wales international footy really. more of a rugby man.