Things that piss you off Page 1,180

SKY PE

I can't get the kids to perform forward roles whilst levitating. Plus I get nosebleeds beyond 10,000 feet.

People who just casually throw acronyms into their posts on forums (or emails, or wherever). Most of the time not even bothering to put them in f**king capitals so that people will at least know they're supposed to be an acronym, not some odd word.
They're so self absorbed they obviously just think 'oh everyone must know what this means, since it concerns me, and I am all important'.
Meaning you have to go off and Google for ten minutes to understand any of what they've said, and it always ends up being totally f**king irrelevant and boring anyway.
ARGH.

"My OH, my DS, my DD and I had HM bread today."

DID YOU? DID FUCKING YOU?

I shall now go and calm down.

Laughing out loud

CDD (clue, he's recently snuffed it and said it on an insurance advertisement)

Quote: zooo @ January 31 2013, 12:40 AM GMT

My Overweight Hamster, my Dog Shit, my Dum Dad and I had Her Majesty's bread today?

F**k knows.

ARGH.

ARGH?
Don't know that one.
Tried Googling it but, nothing....

A regular gruesome howl - easy

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ January 29 2013, 12:31 PM GMT

Getting head aches after a few hours in front of a computer (writing a term paper). Is it techno smog, something with my eyes or simply psychosomatic?

Maybe your posture? Bad posture when sitting at a PC is a cause of cervicogenic headaches.

Could be a reason. I have the tendency to sit in a banana-like shape.

People who just casually throw acronyms into their posts on forums (or emails, or wherever). Most of the time not even bothering to put them in f**king capitals so that people will at least know they're supposed to be an acronym, not some odd word.
They're so self absorbed they obviously just think 'oh everyone must know what this means, since it concerns me, and I am all important'.
Meaning you have to go off and Google for ten minutes to understand any of what they've said, and it always ends up being totally f**king irrelevant and boring anyway.
ARGH.

I completely agree. Particularly people who use initialisms particular to their jobs when talking to people they don't work with. Why do you assume I would know what that was? Maddening.

Claiming for things on your insurance.

The whole process is a complete pain in the arse.

I lost my iPad and am trying to claim it back on my insurance... I lost it in December, reported it straight away and there's still no exact outcome. I think it's been authorised for payment, but apparently I could get less back than it's worth. What's the point of insurance exactly?

Quote: L.E. @ January 31 2013, 1:32 PM GMT

What's the point of insurance exactly?

To give you the illusion of security...as long as nothing really happens, of course. And it's a good money making scheme for the companies.

Quote: L.E. @ January 31 2013, 1:32 PM GMT

What's the point of insurance exactly?

When your roof falls in. My flat roof did and they didn't stump for that at all. In short...I don't know. (Never accuse me of posting pointless posts)

What is the point in giving you the money for a burnt down flat but not for one that's heavily smoke damaged. Either you are ruined or you're not.

Sounds like the sort of twatspeak they use on Mumsnet, a place I've been directed to when googling occasionally, annoying in the extreme.