Miranda - Series 1 Page 40

Bit of a let down tonight considering it was the last episode in the series. I think the whole dog in the park sections felt a bit shoehorned in. The writers should really have concentrated on beardy chef's leaving and how it would effect Miranda.

Had a couple of nice touches - Miranda imagining her speech and Stevie getting the slow record to change - but these few scant bits of human emotion and character development were overshadowed by some weak gags involving canines.

Still, as first series go, Miranda was cracking and let's hope that in series two there will be some more intelligent storylines.

That one was brilllllllllllliant.

Is totally my favourite programme now.

Need some more!!!

I think my only real criticism throughout the series is the design of the joke shop: it looks nothing like one. It resembles more a novelty boutique. Where are the shelves of fake dog poos, whoopee cushions, and although there has been some mention of them, where are the fancy dress costumes? I was lucky enough to see the pilot this week and it looked exactly right in that; incredibly frustrating that they've gone backwards for the series proper.

Good work, good series, deserves more. This and We Are Klang have been the big, fun sitcom highlights of the year. :)

What did she say when her shirt came off with her jumper? "Oh, my top's run off with my jumper - the whore" Pretty inspired gag. The production has a bit of an American feel to it though, which is a bit annoying. And it doesn't look like a jokeshop at all - like Aaron I thought it was some form of faux antiques shop.

Enjoyed this series and hope it gets a second one. But as Aaron but it....Gggaaarrryy!

Miranda has stolen my soul. I can only hope that the BBC give it another series so it can be returned to me. Lovey

Missed last weeks and didn't bother to catch up as the previous episode had lost something for me. Last night though, best of the lot. I thought all of the story threads came together very nicely and I was smiling from start to finish, with a couple of uncontrolable laugh out louds. Less falling over for the sake of it and more really funny physical stuff. Worth the licence fee on it's own.

I loved this show. I'll be honest and say I wasn't expecting it to be brilliant, especially as the radio show was solid enough, but not fantastic. But this was fab!

It's big and silly and self-knowing and really, really good fun and one of the few things me and Mrs Dan looked forward to watching and laughing at together.

I generally don't laugh out loud at much stuff but was LOL-ing almost constantly through the whole series and I did want them to get together and was sorry they didn't at the end.

I, too, hope there is a second series. Oh, hang on a minute... what's this from Miranda Hart's Twitter feed (about an hour ago):
Thanks so much for all the lovely tweets last night and yes, pleased to say, the Beeb has said yes to a second series for next year.

;)

Dan

Yes me and Mrs Marc were the same last night. Well done Miranda, particularly liked the kicking of the tray. :)

Quote: swerytd @ December 15 2009, 11:09 AM GMT

It's big and silly and self-knowing

When you write stuff like that as a newbie (like Father Ted too) readers think you've just made mistakes, rather than it's deliberate - but I love watching stuff like that sometimes - sort of panto-com. :)

Thought that last night's episode was weak, especially in comparison to last week's, which I thought was the best of the series, but overall it's been an excellent first series, with plenty of laughs to be had (unusual in the current crop of sitcoms).

Be interesting to see where the 2nd series goes, I'd like to see more of Miranda's relationship with the chef, although it's interesting that they've left that storyline open in a "Will he? Won't he?" go to Hong Kong ending.

All in all great fun and just what the (comedy)doctor ordered for miserable monday nights in wrapped up under a duvet escaping the cold.

Good work all round.

Re-commissioned! https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000216/miranda_gets_a_second_series/

Yay. Such fun!

SECOND SERIES! SECOND SERIES SECOND EFFING SERIES!!!!!!!

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell I'm happy?

No?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Wave Hug

Quote: Tony Cowards @ December 15 2009, 11:27 AM GMT

it's interesting that they've left that storyline open in a "Will he? Won't he?" go to Hong Kong ending.

He was last seen picking up an extremely large backpack and walking, dejectedly, from the restaurant. Not really too open!