Miranda - Series 1

The TV version of Radio 4's sitcom Miranda Hart's Joke Shop starts on BBC Two next Monday (9th November) at 8:30pm. I rather enjoyed the series (a short four-parter; well worth listening to if it's on iPlayer or *cough* something), so am quite looking forward to this one.

All the info you need is here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/miranda_hart_sitcom/

Definitely looking forward to this. I overheard one of the writers talking about some stuff in it and it sounds pretty funny.

I actually went to one of the recordings. I think they said it was episode 4, I may be wrong. All I know is that Peter Davison was a guest star and that Sally Phillips wasn't in that particular episode and that was one of the reasons (if not the main reason) I went so that was a shame. I don't live anywhere near London (it takes a long car and train journey to get there) so this was a rare thing for me to see a TV recording.

But seeing the same 5 minute scene acted out about six times in a row gets tiring pretty quickly. It is amazing though how perfect everything has to be and in what little space they have to film it all.

But once it's all put together it'll look a lot better. High hopes though for this series.

I have high hopes for this. The radio show was alright, but it missed being able to show the visual slapstick and sight gags which clearly went hand in hand with the situations... which this TV version obviously can now finally do.

The plots of the new episodes look great actually, so lets hope they get everything else right so it can serve as a semi replacement for Not Going Out.

Looking forward to this. Should be good-ish. Hopefully.

Quote: Robert D @ November 9 2009, 2:42 AM GMT

Looking forward to this. Should be good-ish. Hopefully.

High hopes, eh? ;)

I'm looking forward to this, bit concerned about the scheduling, though. Half past eight on BBC2? Like a David Bussell script, it's either foolish or brave.

This will be garbage.

That's pretty much spamming, jim. Please don't do that.

Quote: jim field @ November 9 2009, 11:43 AM GMT

This isn't 1950s America, and I'm not black.

*holds up calendar and mirror* :O

I've never heard the radio show, not sure what to think of this, might as well give it a try.

The radio show isn't stunning, but it is funny, and good enough to give me reasonably high hopes for the TV series. As Mark said somewhere, the humour would have greatly benefitted from the slapstick and silliness in visual comedy that we should be able to see on screen.

Quote: jim field @ November 9 2009, 11:43 AM GMT

Nope, not at all. I stated my opinion on another thread - which was closed down. This is the new thread for the show, it is important that I state my opinion on here.

It's not really an opinion as such though, is it? More of a prediction. I mean, what evidence is your comment based upon? :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 9 2009, 12:08 PM GMT

I mean, what evidence is your comment based upon? :)

The radio show perhaps?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ November 9 2009, 12:14 PM GMT

The radio show perhaps?

No:

Quote: jim field @ November 8 2009, 11:22 PM GMT

I will watch it. But what do I know already?

Miranda Hart is not funny.
Miranda Hart is not sexy.
Miranda Hart is not relevant.

Sure, I'll watch it. But it will be garbage.