Miranda Hart's Joke Shop
Radio sitcom in which Miranda Hart runs a joke shop
- 2007 - 2008
- BBC Radio 2
- 5 (1 pilot + 1 series)
- Miranda Hart, Sarah Hadland, Patricia Hodge, Tom Ellis, Jason Watkins, Catherine Shepherd, Belinda Stewart-Wilson and Dan Starkey
- Miranda Hart, James Cary and Tony Roche
- Dawn Ellis
Miranda is an unconventional woman: a tall, life-embracing, self-effacing clown, who's at her happiest amongst the wind-up teeth of her Joke Shop.
She's used her inheritance to buy a joke shop (much to her family's dismay), but lacking the organisational skills needed for retail - or anything else - Miranda has gone into partnership with Stevie, one of Britain's greatest humour vacuums.
Stevie mans the till for hours at a time whilst Miranda 'pops out' on regular, self-imposed challenges. Miranda is determined to suss out what it takes to be a girly girl, to deal with her outrageously embarrassing mother Penny in public places, to not look a complete idiot every time she meets the gorgeous Gary and to persuade other people to take life less seriously.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Saturday 26th May 2007 on BBC Radio 2 at 1pm
- Last new broadcast
- Saturday 13th September 2008 on BBC Radio 2 at 1:30pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Saturday 18th February 2017 at 10:30pm on Radio 4 Extra