Miranda - Series 1 Page 10

Quote: Roodeye @ November 10 2009, 8:53 PM GMT

I think Miranda is attractive - not, perhaps, in a 'Phwoar!' kind of way but apart from being a little on the large side and thus failing to conform totally with out cultural ideals, she's okay by me.

That's ok then.

A very good first episode but I would say this show owes an awful lot to others. It seemed like a jamboree bag of many old and some modern shows all put into one. It is an assemlage of well used styles, themes and even jokes, and although this will never make it one of the most original sitcoms ever, it is well put together and thought out, because there is no doubt that yesterday's episode was well rehearsed and well tried out to see if it works.

There are at least 20 shows I can think of that this show has borrowed something from, and yet it still brought something new itself and the finished composite product seems so far to be very good, when not every show that it takes inspiration from, was. The casting I think, and obviously the star performer is the key to its good start, so as long as the jokes and visual gags stay funny, then it will be a big hit, surely.

I just hope it doesn't turn into a national campaign for female talent as Ab Fab did, because this can happen when women get behind something which is about themselves - they can be incredibly exclusive with such things. So I wait to see how this one goes. They should remember that a lot of blokes have commented very positively on this so far, myself included. Let's hope it remains a universal show.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 10 2009, 9:34 PM GMT

Frankly, I think it's a rather sad that the debate has even moved into the territory of debating the "attractiveness" of Miranda Hart blah blah blah sexist blah blah off-topic blah blah

Tim, you couldn't be more right-on without standing for parliament first.

I just caught this show on iPlayer. Not as great as Not Going Out, which is the last watchable studio sitcom I can remember the BBC putting out, but still pretty good for a first episode. I suppose it helps that Miranda's character is ready-made.

I thought it picked up in the second half with the tranny stuff, but I worry that there might not be a helluva lot of mileage in it if the rest of the series focuses mainly on Miranda's appearance.

Also, the bloke who played the waiter was seriously dishy. Meow.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 10 2009, 10:30 PM GMT

Tim, you couldn't be more right-on without standing for parliament first.

Oooh, you big... nastiness! (Typical man Unimpressed)

He's married to Tamzin Outhwaite. My Mum knows his parents and went to the wedding. :)

SHOW OFF!

What's he off again?
It's something really obvious, but I can't remember...
Oh wait, is it Doctor Who? :O

Quote: zooo @ November 10 2009, 10:37 PM GMT

What's he off again?
It's something really obvious, but I can't remember...
Oh wait, is it Doctor Who? :O

Wasn't he the Doctor that whatsherface liked?

Martha. Yes, I'm thinking so.

Quote: zooo @ November 10 2009, 10:40 PM GMT

Martha.

That's her.

I thought that the bloke in this was that bloody food critic who dresses up with Sue Perkins and eats Peacocks.

But it wasn't.