I've just seen... Page 30

"Taken". I normally hate Liam Neeson but he's completely badass in this film. Great movie.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 5 2010, 1:25 PM BST

Last Thursday, saw the 4.10 performance of Whatever Works at the Ritzy in Brixton. Only about half a dozen of us in there, in the big number one screen. Think they may have overestimated a bit.

Shame, really, I think it's a good film. Certainly better than the 2 or 3 out of five ratings I've seen it getting. Good, traditional Woody Allen film, with the usual pre-occupations - philosophy, luck, relationshps with huge age differences. And a sterling turn from Larry David, not very 'Larry' like, really.

My feeling was that it was a bit too traditional. I still rather liked it though and don't see why it's got widespread poor reviews. Mind you, I liked Match Point and everyone in the UK seemed to hate that.

Quote: Ben @ July 7 2010, 6:50 PM BST

My feeling was that it was a bit too traditional. I still rather liked it though and don't see why it's got widespread poor reviews. Mind you, I liked Match Point and everyone in the UK seemed to hate that.

Ah, I really enjoyed Match Point. Quite surprised to discover, subsequently, that a lot of people didn't like it.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 8 2010, 9:01 AM BST

Ah, I really enjoyed Match Point. Quite surprised to discover, subsequently, that a lot of people didn't like it.

I thought Match Point was quite well recieved. Not vintage Woody, but one of his more succesful late outings.

Quote: chipolata @ July 8 2010, 9:17 AM BST

I thought Match Point was quite well recieved. Not vintage Woody, but one of his more succesful late outings.

Some people really hated it.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 8 2010, 9:24 AM BST

Some people really hated it.

I don't know why you don't just marry some people if their opinions mean that much to you. Rolling eyes

Quote: chipolata @ July 8 2010, 9:36 AM BST

I don't know why you don't just marry some people if their opinions mean that much to you. Rolling eyes

Oh, well, maybe I will!!!

*storms out, slamming door, making things on wall rattle*

*straightens picture on wall and wonders why it's crooked*

Tonight I watched the DVD of Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical. I'm a fan of the original Reefer Madness anti-drug film of the 1930s and love musicals, but this film was dreadful. Crap songs, crap spoof of the original plot, crap everything. Zero laughs. Thank Christ I didn't buy it.

Channel hopping . . I've just seen the last ten minutes of Dirty Harry ! :D

'Seeing as this is a 44 Magnum and could blow your head clean off, what you have to ask yourself is 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya PUNK.'

Never tire of seeing it !

Blood Simple. Such an odd film!

Ooh yes, I remember liking that one.

Great film, Blood Simple. I love the shooting-through-the-wall scene at the end.

Quote: chipolata @ April 28 2010, 10:36 PM BST

District 13. Like Escape From New York with free-running and French people. Very enjoyable.

Have it on tape will likely watch it after I get the phone call. :)

Quote: Marc P @ July 14 2010, 9:41 PM BST

Have it on tape will likely watch it after I get the phone call. :)

It'll take me some time to make sure I'm not missing something with this post!