I've just seen... Page 29

'Primer', baffled the f**k out of me!

I saw Law Abiding Citizen last night. Great movie... very violent in places though.

Yeah, I enjoyed that. I think Gerrard (sp?) Butler is a pretty good actor actually. I've enjoyed most things I've seen him in. 300 and Gameer to name a couple.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 26 2010, 10:48 PM BST

'Primer', baffled the f**k out of me!

Check out the flow chart on Wikipedia if you didn't follow it (Warning: you still won't follow it)

Last Thursday, saw the 4.10 performance of Whatever Works at the Ritzy in Brixton. Only about half a dozen of us in there, in the big number one screen. Think they may have overestimated a bit.

Shame, really, I think it's a good film. Certainly better than the 2 or 3 out of five ratings I've seen it getting. Good, traditional Woody Allen film, with the usual pre-occupations - philosophy, luck, relationshps with huge age differences. And a sterling turn from Larry David, not very 'Larry' like, really.

Watched Let The Right One In again last night. It is a great film, but I can't be alone in finding the mass cat attack scene unintentionally hilarious.

So I watched Event Horizon last night. Wasn't awful, but not too great either. I think I had the wrong expectations for it.

I watched Rat Race on DVD the other day not expecting it to be any good, but it was quite funny with some laugh out loud moments.

Quote: Will Cam @ July 6 2010, 1:01 PM BST

I watched Rat Race on DVD the other day not expecting it to be any good, but it was quite funny with some laugh out loud moments.

Yeah, it's really underrated that one.

Quote: Leevil @ July 6 2010, 12:40 PM BST

So I watched Event Horizon last night. Wasn't awful, but not too great either. I think I had the wrong expectations for it.

I remember seeing it as a teen and thinking it was a pretty smart movie. On reflection, it's dumb as shit.

I remember finding certain bits of it really bloody scary.

The awesome fun you can have with a black hole (or a worm hole in this case) and they went that route. A pure evil dimension and they didn't even explore it properly. Boo.

I found myself on one of the sets at Pinewood as it was nearing completion. It looked really impressive and I was eager to watch the movie. Remember being disappointed.

A French movie called Le Diner De Cons, made about 12 years ago. Funniest film I've seen in many years.

Quote: Kenneth @ July 7 2010, 2:15 PM BST

A French movie called Le Diner De Cons, made about 12 years ago. Funniest film I've seen in many years.

Which translates as "The Cafe of Criminals" if I'm not much mistaken.
I've heard it's pretty good.

The English title is The Dinner Game but a more accurate translation would be The Dinner of C**ts (or Dolts to be more polite). It is wonderfully funny. Had me crying with laughter - which rarely happens with a movie.