I've just seen... Page 34

I feel like having a Die Hard marathon.

Yippee kaya motherf**ker.

Erm, right...

He is a naughty one that Chip, isn't he john?

He certainly is a 'one'. In fact he's so much of a 'one' he's very nearly a 'two'.

Quote: Kenneth @ July 19 2010, 10:01 PM BST

The Hunger (1983). Awful, plodding, horror film in the style of a 1980s pretentious rock video (lots of doves and billowing curtains). Catherine Deneueve plays a seemingly immortal vampire, whose current boyfriend David Bowie is dying at age 200, so she seduces Susan Sarandon by getting her naked and licking her. Worse than it sounds.

Tony Scott has always been politely called "a visual director"

Quote: youngian @ July 22 2010, 1:23 PM BST

True Romance is awesome, though. Not sure I like any of his other films.

True Romance really is brilliant.

Anyone changed their minds really radically about a series?

I've just ploughed my way through the West Wing box set after changing my mind totally about this series. Maybe I've become softy in my old age.

When this series first started its syrupy worthiness and do-gooding characters made me puke but while tuning into the last series with compelling candidate debates between Alan Alda and Jimmy Smits I started to reappraise it.

Writing a political drama where all the participants are back stabbing amoral Shakespearian villains, with their fingers in the till, is an easier option than portraying morally grounded characters dedicated to public service.

The advert free DVD episodes are only 40 minutes but feel much longer due to the density of the fast paced literate dialogue which much has been written about.
It's unfair to single out any of the fantastic cast but the late John Spencer's towering Leo McGarry.

Some nice cameos too, including John Goodman as the gung ho Speaker of the House Glen Walken. Big big performance in every way.

It is not a cable HBO show and it is interesting that even US networks are prepared to make intelligently written drama while British TV forever dumbs down.

Quote: youngian @ July 22 2010, 1:59 PM BST

while British TV forever dumbs down.

Someone doesn't watch ITV2...

I've just seen Edwina Currie on the train - well yesterday actually. I gave her Aaron's phone number.

Quote: youngian @ July 22 2010, 1:23 PM BST

Crimson Tide is good. And Enemy of the State, Deja Vu and Man on Fire are fun fluff.

Quote: Chappers @ July 22 2010, 4:48 PM BST

I've just seen Edwina Currie on the train - well yesterday actually. I gave her Aaron's phone number.

God, she's annoying. I once saw Oona King on a tram in Manchester. Lovey

Batman: Under The Red Hood. Excellent stuff.

Quote: youngian @ July 22 2010, 1:59 PM BST

When this series first started its syrupy worthiness and do-gooding caracters made me puke but while tuning into the last series with compelling candidate debates between Alan Alda and Jimmy Smits I started to reappraise it.

Don't think I've ever known somebody to prefer post Sorkin West Wing to Sorkin West Wing. You truly are unique. It's slightly unfair to use it as a yardstick to beat British drama with as their aren't many television shows anywhere in the world that can compete with the brilliance of it's first two series. Some British stuff such as Life on Mars and State of Play comes close though.

Some British stuff such as Life on Mars and State of Play comes close though.

Agreed. Not to mention, Merseybeat and Ultimate Force.