I've just seen... Page 35

Been watching the first season of Six Feet Under again. It is good, and the mother is an awesome, but it is also incredibly self indulgent middle-class angsty navel gazing.

Have that on the must-watch list.

Quote: chipolata @ July 24 2010, 5:08 PM BST

Been watching the first season of Six Feet Under again. It is good, and the mother is an awesome, but it is also incredibly self indulgent middle-class angsty navel gazing.

I quite like that about it. :)

I loved season one and probably two, I don't know how many there were in all, but I know I missed whatever ended up happening to them all.

Inception; was very good indeed.

I thought about going to see Inception, but I could never be bothered to get into The Matrix and this looks as though it demands a similar commitment. Saving my pennies for The A-Team instead.

Quote: Ben @ July 24 2010, 5:24 PM BST

I thought about going to see Inception, but I could never be bothered to get into The Matrix and this looks as though it demands a similar commitment.

How d'you mean, commitment?? It's a stand alone movie, there's not going to be a trilogy or anything.

Quote: Ben @ July 24 2010, 5:24 PM BST

Saving my pennies for The A-Team instead.

That's been badly slated in the press I've seen. I can't say I'm that interested in giving it a look, really. Tron, though, looks good; I watched the trailer today, pretty eye popping visually.

No, but there's some complex background to it. I can't be bothered getting involved in all that nonsense. If I want complex, I'll watch some Bergman as it's rooted in reality at the very least.

Quote: Ben @ July 24 2010, 5:30 PM BST

No, but there's some complex background to it.

There is? I haven't seen any of that. Everything you needed to know was in the movie, as far as I could tell.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 24 2010, 5:29 PM BST

That's been badly slated in the press I've seen. I can't say I'm that interested in giving it a look, really. Tron, though, looks good; I watched the trailer today, pretty eye popping visually.

I was just reading that it's been slated. And it's two hours long. That's put me off.

I saw a Tron trailer ages ago and it looked interesting. I still haven't seen the original, so much check that out soon.

Quote: Ben @ July 24 2010, 5:31 PM BST

I still haven't seen the original, so much check that out soon.

I've seen it, but all I remember is that they ride about inside a computer world on bikes.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 24 2010, 5:31 PM BST

There is? I haven't seen any of that. Everything you needed to know was in the movie, as far as I could tell.

It's about dreams as some other world, isn't it? That's too much for me. I'd be happy if everything was like Used Cars.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 24 2010, 5:32 PM BST

I've seen it, but all I remember is that they ride about inside a computer world on bikes.

I only ever heard of it because The Strokes did a homage to it in a video.

Quote: Ben @ July 24 2010, 5:32 PM BST

It's about dreams as some other world, isn't it?

Oh, it's about people using some technology to enter other peoples dreams to steal their secrets. It's a heist movie, really, but set inside someones dream.

(EDIT) This isn't a spoiler or anything, in case people are worried.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 24 2010, 5:33 PM BST

Oh, it's about people using some technology to enter other peoples dreams to steal their secrets. It's a heist movie, really, but set inside someones dream.

Tell me, is it better than Innerspace, Matthew?

Quote: Ben @ July 24 2010, 5:34 PM BST

Tell me, is it better than Innerspace, Matthew?

What is?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 24 2010, 5:36 PM BST

What is?

Tell me, Matthew, is Innerspace better than Inception? It sounds similar.