I've just seen... Page 32

I do fancy watching King of Kong.

I just saw 3.10 to Yuma.
There were some good performances, even from Christian Bale.
But I did end up thinking "why would he do that?" quite a lot.

*tries to think of joke about losing my sense of Yuma.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ July 17 2010, 10:44 PM BST

3.10 to Yuma

I missed that.

You won't regret it. It is vastly superior to other documentaries about "geeks", such as Second Skin, the rather dull look at dull people who devote most of their time to online role-playing games.

Me too, I think I'll add it to my LoveFilm list.

Another great American Documentary that I saw many years ago and really want to see again is 'AMerican Movie', about two idiots trying to make a film.

I saw it broadcast on TV late at night once, but I don't think it's actually out on DVD over here. Well worth a look, very funny.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 18 2010, 11:01 AM BST

They look like Stotts.

Quote: chipolata @ July 18 2010, 11:38 AM BST

They look like Stotts.

I haven't laughed so much at a BCG post since Renegade Carpark was here. EDIT: I do mean that very politely, as I was under the impression that Stott could be a model if he so chose to be.

Quote: chipolata @ July 16 2010, 8:39 AM BST

Did you watch District 13, Marc P?

Is that the French Film? No but I quite fancy it. Free running and all that sort of stuff I gather?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 18 2010, 11:01 AM BST

Another great American Documentary that I saw many years ago and really want to see again is 'AMerican Movie', about two idiots trying to make a film.

I saw it broadcast on TV late at night once, but I don't think it's actually out on DVD over here. Well worth a look, very funny.

Just searched and it's not on the state-wide library catalogues or the major DVD retailers of Australia. Yet Who's The Boss is all over the shop.

Quote: Kenneth @ July 18 2010, 11:39 AM BST

I was under the impression that Stott could be a model if he so chose to be.

Maybe a hand model, at a push. No work from the wrist up.

There's a film that I heard David Bussell waxing lyrical about once that I really want to see. I think it's some of spoof documentary of a film being made. Hopefully, he'll see this and answer. If not, maybe one of you other friendly chaps could help.

For Your Consideration?

I think it was older than that, Nil. 90s probably.

Survival of the Dead. I quite enjoyed it. Of the new George Romero undead movies I think it's probably the best. Like a zombie western.

Quote: chipolata @ July 18 2010, 4:04 PM BST

Survival of the Dead. I quite enjoyed it. Of the new George Romero undead movies I think it's probably the best. Like a zombie western.

I've been meaning to watch that. So, you think it's better than Land of The Dead?

Quote: Ben @ July 18 2010, 3:43 PM BST

I think it was older than that, Nil. 90s probably.

Ah, ok.