I've just seen... Page 33

Quote: Ben @ July 18 2010, 4:30 PM BST

I've been meaning to watch that. So, you think it's better than Land of The Dead?

Probably a draw. Land's more traditional, with plenty of traditional zombie action, but Survival has a weird charm all of its own.

Confidence.

I really enjoyed it although when I saw Edward Burns was the lead I was thinking of Ed Norton.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ July 18 2010, 7:25 PM BST

Confidence.

I really enjoyed it although when I saw Edward Burns was the lead I was thinking of Ed Norton.

Oooh, yes. Good film... That is the one with ADHD Dustin Hoffman?

That's the one.
He was very good in the part.

Although when you see him in real life, he seems to be slightly crazy anyway.

Quote: Ben @ July 18 2010, 4:30 PM BST

I've been meaning to watch that. So, you think it's better than Land of The Dead?

Survival of the Dead is not as good as Land of the Dead, but it is significantly better than Diary of the Dead.

They're all appallingly bad films. And that's coming from a fan of the 'genre'.

I'm a fan of the genre and I like all three. Zombie films have moved on a bit since Romero's day but he's always watchable.

Waking Ned Devine (1998). Not bad for a feel-good film about some old Irish scallywags claiming ownership of a dead man's winning lottery ticket. One memorable scene was of a small boy smoking a cigar and having a whisky with no ill effect. Can't see Hollywood making films that show kids happily smoking cigars now.

Gomorrah. Great Italian Mafia movie. Like a Matthew Stott post, it has a truly chilling banality. Pleased

The Hunger (1983). Awful, plodding, horror film in the style of a 1980s pretentious rock video (lots of doves and billowing curtains). Catherine Deneueve plays a seemingly immortal vampire, whose current boyfriend David Bowie is dying at age 200, so she seduces Susan Sarandon by getting her naked and licking her. Worse than it sounds.

Out Of Sight. Probably the best film ever for capturing that "spark" at the start of a relationship.

Is that Clooney and Lopez?

Yes, I watched it the other night. Not bad.

I bet that film is waaaaay older than I think it is.

I have a weird feeling I rented it on video... Huh?

Lopez was about 28 when it came out. Now she's 40.

Erk!