Stephen Fry Page 10

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 14 2009, 2:35 PM BST

To keep with the architecture theme, he is the cathedral in the modern town centre.

Yeah, but a cathedral would make it a city centre wouldn't it?

Quote: youngian @ September 14 2009, 4:36 PM BST

He's getting a bit odd, I heard him on a phone interview groaning and moaning about how many episodes of House he has to do every year, how home sick he was and on and on.
Is he trying bail out Lehmans or something?

Yes, and a lot of us really do have to work, to eat and stuff. Clebs reveal how out of touch they are with the average viewer, by this sort of inconsiderate moaning. I'm sure he could actually retire now and live the rest of his life snorting hookers through rolled-up Van Goghs.

Quote: James Turner @ September 16 2009, 12:57 AM BST

Newspapers are awash with shite like this but this article is the one of the worst I've ever seen. This journalist needs to get a grip.

There's so much scope for improvement in journalism. If we took out this sort of laziness, other cleb non-stories, the lies, and the sensationalism, there wouldn't be much left. And how predictable it is to tune in to the news, and know it's all going to be a downer. If there was an equal amount of good news, then the real bad news would be more interesting; instead, I've become completely desensitised to it all.

Quote: Badge @ September 16 2009, 12:59 AM BST

V. good point, Mr Badge. :)

Quote: Badge @ September 16 2009, 12:59 AM BST

Well that totally invalidates my views on Stephen Fry, what a fool I've been. To make matters worse, new towns such as Milton Keynes aren't even built around a church, so my allegory fails twice over.

Hmm, if I only I knew someone on this forum who had first hand knowledge of town planning to get a definitive answer?

*stares at Badge and then waves* Wave

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 16 2009, 12:30 PM BST

Well that totally invalidates my views on Stephen Fry, what a fool

Sad but true, RC. You should really go back and delete that post. And if you can't do the decent thing yourself, then I suggest we all make a point of looking the other way when we pass it. Unimpressed

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 16 2009, 12:53 PM BST

Sad but true, RC. You should really go back and delete that post. And if you can't do the decent thing yourself, then I suggest we all make a point of looking the other way when we pass it. Unimpressed

Now I know how Gerald Ratner felt. Teary

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ September 16 2009, 12:30 PM BST

Well that totally invalidates my views on Stephen Fry, what a fool I've been. To make matters worse, new towns such as Milton Keynes aren't even built around a church, so my allegory fails twice over.

All is not lost; the new city of Brighton and Hove does not have a cathedral. Therefore, it could be said that if comedy is this city, then amongst the brash and tawdry amusement arcades of a British seaside, Fry is what you must do to the food in the interests of taste.

:D

Quote: Nogget @ September 16 2009, 1:20 PM BST

All is not lost; the new city of Brighton and Hove does not have a cathedral. Therefore, it could be said that if comedy is this city, then amongst the brash and tawdry amusement arcades of a British seaside, Fry is what you must do to the food in the interests of taste.

Yeah! Nice one Nogget! Take that town centre cathedral Stephen Fry comparison haters! Take it to your graves!

Just watched the first part of Last Chance to See and alas, Fry is no David Attenborough or Douglas Adams. There could have been more on the animals, locals and locations, and much less of the "this is my excited face, ho, ho" and "I wish I was in a nice hotel with wifi and a mobile phone signal, rather than being stuck out in the jungle, ho, ho" sort of unnecessary bollocks. The best joke - that went completely unmentioned - is that Fry rather resembles the manatees that he spent much of the show in pursuit of. QI is perhaps the most entertaining informative show around today, and a great showcase for Fry, but when it comes to gallivanting about the globe in search of imperilled animals, I'd sooner have David Attenborough.

The one with the flightless parrot makes up for the rest of the series.

I'm thinking here right now that my eye's are decieving me, no I'ts quiet plain, some people in this world feel the need to critise Stephen Fry for his "lackluster" use of Twitter. Grow up people, yes I am in complete agreement he tweet's some very unsexy, unremarkable and quite frankly, bollox things, but so those half the world, the one thing I'm grateful for is he takes ownership for them unlike his celebrity counterparts that have a team of writers behind their tweets. Most of you seem to think he in undeserved of the title of "Genius" or "National Treasure", I am none of these things so I refuse to condemn the man or praise him. I will however point out that through his addictave personality, his meek stance on sex, his obsession with being polite and making other's feel better and let's not forget his cocaine addiction, he has made a great fortune out of acting and making people laugh - mabye that is his genius. I for one am a fan of Stephen Fry, he bring's pleasure to many people out there and he should be comended for his contributions, not blasted for his sometimes dullness on a social networking site.

Please try to use paragraphs.

Quote: Leevil @ October 19 2010, 7:45 AM BST

Please try to use paragraphs.

That is a paragraph.
Albeit a big un.

Quote: chipolata @ October 19 2010, 9:07 AM BST

That is a paragraph.
Albeit a big un.

That's why I said paragraphS and not paragraph. :)