Recorded For Training Purposes submissions for S4 Page 19

Quote: Afinkawan @ November 12 2009, 10:10 AM GMT

Hi Pete. Don't know if I'm the last - I assumed Kate Chedgey and Matt Morton were still likely to be writing for it. I've not seen Matt since last series but Kate was definitely still very funny when we did some stuff for a thing back in August.

I think we're all nominally on call should the episodes need additional material, so I suspect we're unlikely to get anything in! Certainly neither Matt not Kate are actively writing for it as far as I'm aware.

Quote: Griff @ November 13 2009, 8:32 AM GMT

There's a heck of a lot of sketches being looked at. Between the comms and the non-comms they've received about 2000. A few hundred have been identified as usable, nearly usable, or possibly usable after a rewrite, out of which they'll use about 100 in total.

Which reaffirms my belief they should have just restricted this to people who went on the radio comedy workshops. It seems they've made a hell of a lot of work for themselves.

No they shouldn't!!!

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ November 13 2009, 10:06 AM GMT

No they shouldn't!!!

Dan

Oh yes they sh....oh, f**k this.

Quote: Griff @ November 13 2009, 8:32 AM GMT

There's a heck of a lot of sketches being looked at. Between the comms and the non-comms they've received about 2000. A few hundred have been identified as usable, nearly usable, or possibly usable after a rewrite, out of which they'll use about 100 in total.

Would you say that sending in two alternative rewrites of the same sketch might be counter-productive then?

Quote: Lbug @ November 13 2009, 2:13 PM GMT

Would you say that sending in two alternative rewrites of the same sketch might be counter-productive then?

If they asked for a rewrite and you've got two very different versions as a result, it probably wouldn't hurt. I wouldn't do it for the sake of it though, especially if they're quite similar versions.

Just sent the rewrite. Everything's crossed now. Well, almost everything - my wife's due to give birth on Thursday. >_<

Again??? Bloomin' heck -- you're popping them out! Better start making some money from this writing business!

Congrats, btw! :)

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ November 16 2009, 11:36 PM GMT

Again??? Bloomin' heck -- you're popping them out! Better start making some money from this writing business!

Dan

Cheers Dan! My Newsjack one-liner paid for a moses basket mattress. Imagine what a whole RFTP sketch could provide!

Maybe Current TV will let me do Fatherhood Rules - The Return...

Quote: swerytd @ November 16 2009, 11:36 PM GMT

Dan

He's hoping for a six part series (of babies). Hmm... stick that in the re-write pile.

Congratulations from me to.

D

Hi,

On a bit of a tangent from the current discussion, my entry didn't do anything and I'd be really good to have some feedback from other people with RFTP experience (of any kind). It's up as 'Economies of Scale'.

Cheers.

Quote: dannyjb1 @ November 17 2009, 8:22 PM GMT

He's hoping for a six part series (of babies). Hmm... stick that in the re-write pile.

Congratulations from me to.

D

This is bringing the conversation back off topic, but:

Thanks Danny and Dan! Hattie was born at lunchtime today, weighing in just over 10 pound. Her mum is my hero.

Congrats Rory! Hope all is well and baby is laughing at her Dad already :)

Dan

Quote: DrVole @ November 21 2009, 1:35 AM GMT

Thanks Danny and Dan! Hattie was born at lunchtime today, weighing in just over 10 pound. Her mum is my hero.

Congratulations! That's one big baby - ouch. Love the name btw.

Well, finally sent the rewrite in (in critique as promised if anyone's interested).

Hope it's not too late, had lots of ridiculous personal issues stealing every spare second. Finished it off at 02:30 in the morning then up at 06:00 for work. What a glamorous life.