Recorded For Training Purposes submissions for S4 Page 18

Quote: Flaner @ November 6 2009, 3:38 PM GMT

So, basically, I'm the only one who didn't get past the initial sift?

*gets coat*

I didn't either. Care to join me for a weekend Columbine?

Quote: David Bussell @ November 6 2009, 3:57 PM GMT

I didn't either. Care to join me for a weekend Columbine?

Cocked, locked and ready to rock.

Quote: Afinkawan @ November 6 2009, 9:33 AM GMT

Just got an 'apologies for taking so long to get back to you' email.

I've got a "Very nice" sketch on the consideration pile and a "very funny but lose the punchline" re-write request.

Woo!

Fab!

Still disappointed your not on the comm team though. Though this way you might be the only person to write for all four series...

Quote: Antrax @ November 4 2009, 8:15 PM GMT

I've met at least three of the new team and they're all top chaps (glad to hear of the success Griff!)

Possibly I was one of them. Apologies if I was drunk.

Quote: Antrax @ November 6 2009, 10:46 PM GMT

Fab!

Still disappointed your not on the comm team though. Though this way you might be the only person to write for all four series...

Yes, mildly disappointing. Never mind, I shall just rely on your promise to hire me when the BBC make you Head of Comedy.

Quote: Griff @ November 7 2009, 1:08 PM GMT

Yeah I really hope Afinkawan scores on S4.

I hope ALL BCGer's score on Season 4, we can take over. Season 5 would be BCG presents : RFTP. Who's with me? WHO'S WITH ME?

oo BCG Presents... I like that idea.

D

As long as my 29 and a half minute sketch is in, I'm happy for you all to share the remaining time...

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ November 9 2009, 12:35 PM GMT

As long as my 29 and a half minute sketch is in, I'm happy for you all to share the remaining time...

Dan

Perfect - I've got an excellent series of 2.5 second runners.

Quote: Afinkawan @ November 9 2009, 12:44 PM GMT

I've got an excellent series of 2.5 second runners.

Usain Bolt and Co. on performance enhancers?

Quote: Afinkawan @ November 9 2009, 12:24 PM GMT

Yes, mildly disappointing. Never mind, I shall just rely on your promise to hire me when the BBC make you Head of Comedy.

Hey, Afinkawan - are you really the last of the old guard to have a sniff this time around?

I didn't submit a single thing to Ed - I got his e-mail and did try and force some ideas out but I kept reading and re-reading the brief and finally came to the conclusion that I had officially run my comedy tank dry in that 'modern communication' area - not that my tank was ever full in the first place.... Bah.

Anyway, hope you make it back on the airwaves - good luck!

cheers
Pete (Brooksbank)

Quote: Pripyat @ November 11 2009, 12:31 PM GMT

Hey, Afinkawan - are you really the last of the old guard to have a sniff this time around?

Hi Pete. Don't know if I'm the last - I assumed Kate Chedgey and Matt Morton were still likely to be writing for it. I've not seen Matt since last series but Kate was definitely still very funny when we did some stuff for a thing back in August.

Fingers crossed I can come up with a better 'out' for the pirate sketch Ed has asked me to re-write...

Marc

Was there a deadline for rewrites?

They just said 'in the next fortnight' from when they sent the emails out.

Yeah, what he said ^

Oh missed that! I shall get my arse in gear.