Recorded For Training Purposes
A fast-paced sketch show about modern communication. Much of the material comes from new writers
- Sketch Show
- 2007 - 2010
- BBC Radio 4
- 27 (1 pilot + 4 series)
- Ben Willbond, Ingrid Oliver, Dominic Coleman, Lewis Macleod, Julie Mayhew, Rachel Atkins and Colin Hoult
- James Cary, Rhodri Crooks, Nat Soames, Nico Rigby, David Cadji-Newby, Michael Ryan, Peter Brooksbank, Kate Chedgey and others
- Ed Morrish and Adam Bromley
Recorded For Training Purposes is a fast-paced sketch show that satirises modern media and contemporary obsessions. Created by a multi-award winning team, whose credits include The Now Show, Dead Ringers, Think The Unthinkable and The Sunday Format, it is a platform via which new writing talent is given the chance to work with established writers.
Blogs, wikis and conspiracy theorists are part of fast-paced and innovative mix that sends up contemporary obsessions and the cult of broadcasting yourself. We've got more ways than ever to communicate in this world, but we're making less and less sense.
The programme's open-door policy means that anyone could send in their sketches to this show during the production process. Some 1,500 were sent in this way for Series 4, with every single one being read by a script-editor or producer.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- Live audience
- First broadcast
- Thursday 11th January 2007 on BBC Radio 4 at 11pm
- Last new broadcast
- Thursday 26th August 2010 on BBC Radio 4 at 11pm
- Length of episodes
- 30 minutes
- Last repeat
- Monday 30th August 2021 at 11:30pm on Radio 4 Extra