Recorded For Training Purposes submissions for S4 Page 22

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ February 9 2010, 12:43 PM GMT

I assume everyone got that email... didn't they?

I didn't.

A Sketch of mine is in the final sift (the one where they have double the amount they need). I got the email yesterday advertising the tickets for the recordings at Radio Theatre on 9th March, 6th April and 9th April. I have no idea if my sketch is to be recorded on any of these nights though.

I live in Liverpool, so it would not be practical to get down to that London for all the shows. Hopefully they will let people know closer to the date what nights their stuff will be performed, or not, as the case may be.

Yep - I nearly replied asking whether it meant my sketch was in or not but I think, as said above, it was just a general one saying that tickets are on sale. Still holding out for an email saying when I can go and watch a read-through - has anyone received anything saying that?

The email said:

Dear all,

Just to let you know, tickets for Recorded for Training Purposes are now
available. We'll be recording on Tuesday 9th March, Tuesday 6th April
and Friday 9th April, at the Radio Theatre in central London.

To apply for tickets, go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/shows/recorded_training and
follow the instructions there.

We hope you see you there.

Cheers,
Ed Morrish (producer, RFTP)

I'm sure it's only to encourage folks to show up.

I get these emails all right, but do you think I can get an auto response for NJ subs? Can I f**k!

:D

I've just received a rejection email:

"Dear shithead, on reflection your sketch was awful" etc.

Fiddlesticks.

They said mine made them feel physically sick.

Oh well, maybe comedy is not for me.

I just got the knockback; though to be fair the sketches I sent them were quickly tossed off cack, so I'm surprised they took them that far.

Oh dear.
I'd better check my e mail.

Maybe later, dream a little longer.

Same here. Re: knockback. :) :( :)

These could be a tense few days. I haven't had my rejection yet.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ February 17 2010, 10:34 AM GMT

me neither. I am hoping no news is good news.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ February 17 2010, 10:34 AM GMT

It's like NewsJack in reverse.
Hoping to see nothing in your inbox.

Radio silence.

You get the impression that was a third (fourth? fifth?) sift the other week?

they did say after the last sift that they still had twice the amount of material they needed for the series. It's hard to say how much they still have.

it's like an email version of X-Factor where they give a big massive pause before saying you've made it, or you have to go back to selling shoes again.

Just received an email saying 'Your stuff may/may not be recorded for the next show'.