Recorded For Training Purposes submissions for S4 Page 16

Ah well. It's another email to print off and put into my 'rejection pile', so when I 'make it' I can look back and laugh at how wrong all these people were.

Problem is, that pile is now thicker than Tolstoy's 'War and Peace'.

I haven't got a reply one way the other yet. Is this a good thing or a bad thing, I wonder.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 5 2009, 3:22 PM GMT

I haven't got a reply one way the other yet. Is this a good thing or a bad thing, I wonder.

It's both. Does that help?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 5 2009, 3:22 PM GMT

You're not even worthy of their contempt, where as I am.

I look down on you sir.

Quote: David Bussell @ November 5 2009, 4:52 PM GMT

It's both. Does that help?

In a Schrodinger's Cat kinda way?

Did the RSPCA ever catch up with Shroedinger?

That cat's alive!

Add me to the list of "rework it and we'll see" noncoms.

:)

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 5 2009, 6:12 PM GMT

That cat's alive!

Add me to the list of "rework it and we'll see" noncoms.

:)

Got mine - very similar, though I feel the comments were veering towards the cat being dead in my case.

Quote: Badge @ November 5 2009, 8:51 PM GMT

Got mine - very similar, though I feel the comments were veering towards the cat being dead in my case.

I'm in a glass-half-full mood. :)

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 5 2009, 8:54 PM GMT

I'm in a glass-half-full mood. :)

My feedback was almost "if you can turn these into completely different sketches we might consider them". But I'm still in with a chance! :)

Quote: Badge @ November 5 2009, 8:57 PM GMT

My feedback was almost "if you can turn these into completely different sketches we might consider them". But I'm still in with a chance! :)

I got a "we've done somethinng like this before and it didn't work, but it's okay so we'll put it in the pile" and a "this is too short, please make it longer" on my two. Put a smile on my face, anyway.

My feedback doesn't make sense as far as I can tell.

"Nice quickie. Worth giving it a while, I think. Got any more like
this?!"

The hell does that mean? Either way it sounds quite positive so :D

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 22 2009, 8:45 PM GMT

I've got a sketch that I want to send, but it's a bit different.
I might PM someone on here, but I don't want to in case they tell me that it's rubbish.

Well that one I mentioned got straight through to the maybe pile, which surprised me, and I've got to do a rewrite on another so I'm well chuffed.

Well done to everyone else that made it through the initial sift.
:D

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 5 2009, 9:05 PM GMT

I got a "we've done somethinng like this before and it didn't work, but it's okay so we'll put it in the pile" and a "this is too short, please make it longer" on my two. Put a smile on my face, anyway.

Yeah, we got something similar - "this doesn't really fit but we'll stick it on the pile and see" and this:

I really like the first bit of this - a photographer
refusing to take photos of an ugly family - but it sort of peters out. I
think there's something more interesting to be done with her reactions,
which is one-note until the punchline. She could be taken around the
houses a bit more.

The sketch is in critique here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/15641 - if anyone's got any ideas about how it could be salvaged they would be much appreciated.

The sketch is in critique here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/15641 - if anyone's got any ideas about how it could be salvaged they would be much appreciated.

That's quite an amusing sketch. :)
Not sure how you can end it though.

So basically, Recorded For Training Purposes, a sketch show about methods of modern communication are now accepting sketches that are nothing really to do with methods of modern communication now.
Gazzooks! I wish I'd have known that.
:P