Recorded For Training Purposes submissions for S4 Page 11

I also agree with what Antrax said. I know a few of the commissioned writers and they largely came onto it through the sketch factor thingy.

They wrote some cracking goood sketches and I know a lot of the ones they wrote didn't get on last series, I imagine this one will be the same.

For the record, I'm another commissioned dude for this. I believe they're using the sketch factor people less this series. The guys commissioned this time are almost all new.

BTW, Affinkawan, I love your 'Leave it where?' line last series (OK, out of its context, that's not hilarious, but in the sketch it makes sense).

P.S. Oh, we've met briefly. That's why I know you wrote that one.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ October 30 2009, 1:18 PM BST

For the record, I'm another commissioned dude for this. I believe they're using the sketch factor people less this series. The guys commissioned this time are almost all new.

Train's high powered sights now they've made themselves known... mwahh hahah ahha! :D

We're no threat. I think we're being disposed of to make room for newer people next series.

Or not. I don't know what's going on. Ever. With anything.

I'll also admit to being one of the commissioned writers on this series, although realise this may make Crusty427's don'tbelieveit-o-meter explode!

I don't believe it.

Kidding (with non-jokes like that I'm mystified as to why I've been commissioned). And for the record, Pro, in those meetings we've had, I'm that white middle-class-ish one.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ October 30 2009, 12:13 PM BST

P.S. Think that might be my nose on the left of Ben's picture (If anyone's curious about what I look like).

I don't think you could mistake it for anyone elses, to be honest. ;)

Quote: The Producer @ October 30 2009, 1:39 PM BST

I'll also admit to being one of the commissioned writers on this series, although realise this may make Crusty427's don'tbelieveit-o-meter explode!

NO FREAKIN' WAY MAN!!

Great news, it sounds like if you we've been selected you'd know by now, right?

Quote: Crusty427 @ October 30 2009, 2:00 PM BST

Great news, it sounds like if you we've been selected you'd know by now, right?

I believe the commissioned writers are mostly made up of people who've had stuff on the show before. They were commissioned long before the 'open submissions' were announced.

I am a comissioned writer on the BBC News. I wrote the massive bomb in Islamabad gag.

Quote: Ben @ October 30 2009, 2:04 PM BST

I believe the commissioned writers are mostly made up of people who've had stuff on the show before. They were commissioned long before the 'open submissions' were announced.

So there's still a chance then for us non commissioners?

Yes! I doubt any of the non-comms have heard back yet.

Quote: Crusty427 @ October 30 2009, 2:16 PM BST

So there's still a chance then for us non commissioners?

Correct. The commissioned writers are a series behind, so to speak, i.e. we were commissioned for this series following non-commissioned work submitted to the last series.

Quote: sootyj @ October 30 2009, 2:10 PM BST

I am a comissioned writer on the BBC News. I wrote the massive bomb in Islamabad gag.

Me too, though I'm beginning to regret pitching Iraq as a "runner".

Quote: Ben @ October 30 2009, 2:18 PM BST

Yes! I doubt any of the non-comms have heard back yet.

YES!!

The dream of me living on my 70footer moored just off the shore in Mango Bay, whilst choosing who's got the biggest bag of money for my next award winning sketch having sun cream rubbed on my balls by Veronica Vanoza lives on.