You Have Been Watching - Series 1 Page 10

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 28 2009, 11:12 PM BST

It's amazing how perceptions can differ, I thought she was dead weight, annoying and unfunny, but there you go.

Oh come on... that line about Johnnie Morris donating his fingers was class. Showed how sharp she can be.

Or maybe I'm just wowed because she was so godawful in her first episode.

Quote: zooo @ July 28 2009, 11:18 PM BST

Laughing out loud There's a surprise.

I've always said that the women who post on BCG are way funnier then most of the comediennes on the circuit. (Or are you still smarting over the Victoria Wood incident?).

If you're gonna play in the Charlie Brooker / Frankie Boyle arena, then you have to bring it. Sitting demurely and admitting you like watching Jeremy Kyle isn't funny, it's called being a chick. I'm sure if they had someone on like Jenni Eclair, the show would have been much funnier.

Kevin: the fingers line was funny and to be fair, she's a lot funnier then that curly haired twat-monger that appears between the ad breaks advertising internet phones or whatever the hell he's on about.

I didn't actually mean specifically you, although I did quote you. :)
Just while I was watching the show I thought 'she'll be the next one to get a (completely undeserved in this case) mauling on the thread'.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 28 2009, 11:43 PM BST

I've always said that the women who post on BCG are way funnier then most of the comediennes on the circuit. (Or are you still smarting over the Victoria Wood incident?).

I can't remember what that was about, although I remember it happening.

If you're gonna play in the Charlie Brooker / Frankie Boyle arena, then you have to bring it. Sitting demurely and admitting you like watching Jeremy Kyle isn't funny, it's called being a chick. I'm sure if they had someone on like Jenni Eclair, the show would have been much funnier.

I thought she was the funniest on the panel. Certainly funnier than Bacon. But of course he won't come up on this thread.

Bacon was rubbish.

But is it because he's a man?

:)

Nah, he's just rubbish. The girl was better, but I agree that someone like Eclair or Brand would be funnier.

Quote: zooo @ July 28 2009, 11:47 PM BST

I thought she was the funniest on the panel. Certainly funnier than Bacon. But of course he won't come up on this thread.

Well, the Bacon is in the same category as the Gorman - nice enough chaps, but pretty much space fillers. He probably won't be mentioned as most people have forgotten he was even on the show in the first place, such is his mediocraty.

I really don't like Frankie Boyle, but I will admit that he does come up with the occassional hilarious line.

Strangely, aside from Frankie, the other guests are almost always tame 2-D entertainment figures. Can't have the guests upstaging the comedy stars now, can we?

Ha. Do you think he puts it in his contract.

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 28 2009, 11:55 PM BST

Nah, he's just rubbish. The girl was better, but I agree that someone like Eclair or Brand would be funnier.

Agreed, Brand has been the most consistently funny woman on a panel show in recent years.

Quote: zooo @ July 28 2009, 11:58 PM BST

Ha. Do you think he puts it in his contract.

Yes, he must watch Mock the Week and seen how Dara gets eclipsed. :D

What programme are you referring to?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 29 2009, 12:01 AM BST

He's no Ferne Cotton.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Linda La Hughes @ July 29 2009, 12:02 AM BST

"You Have Been Watching"

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/you_have_been_watching/

Quote: Linda La Hughes @ July 29 2009, 12:02 AM BST

It's called 'You Have Been Watching'.

It's a bit of a generic title.
I keep getting it mixed up with other ones.

(like 'As Seen on TV')

Thank you. :)