You Have Been Watching - Series 1 Page 14

A rather unremarkable episode this week. Aside from Charlie asking Frank Skinner which celebrity he would pay to date, pretty light on the laughs.

Germaine Greer sucked the life out of the room as usual. Obviously tired of being pillioried for her ultra femenist views, she's now become a hollow showbiz parody husk of her former self.

Frankie Boyle's Uncle Albert impersonation is coming along a treat though.

I have to say, whilst I do generally like Frankie's "shock" humour, he seems to be on TV a hell of a lot recently, and it's incredibly tiring. He's been on YHBW for 3 weeks in a row now, I think. Ugh.

He wasn't on last week's one, which is why we enjoyed it so much.

David Mitchell is on next week, so the quality should improve markedly.

I don't think I heard a paedophile reference from Frankie this week either?

*feels floor*

Yep, hell's frozen over.

Quote: Leevil @ August 14 2009, 3:27 AM BST

I don't think I heard a paedophile reference from Frankie this week either?

What's wrong with him making paedophile references? He has every right to make jokes about his own sexual preferences (said in a Scots accent behind an orange beard).

:D

I see over the next couple of shows, Charlie has the two hosts of the TNT show on. Is Brooker sucking the big Channel 4 cock? And if so, is there anything wrong with that?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 7 2009, 2:02 PM BST

I'd like him too, if he ever said or did anything funny.

I'd like him three, if he ever said or did anything funny. >_<

Bit of a strange episode this week, seemed to have really choppy editing. It was funny, but there didn't seem to be much 'flow', if that makes any sense.

I know it's become a bit of a tradition on here to slag off the female guest, but really, the anorexic chick with the big head must have won a competition or something, I really can't fathom what she brought to proceedings. (Except for sitting on the chair in a stupid way).

Miller and Mitchell's praise for Total Wipeout was hilarious though.

Bible man looks amazing.

Go f**k a Jesus.

Very funny episode last night. Nice to see David Mitchell off the leash and saying 'f**king' a lot! The disrespectful manner that Charlie deals with his guests is heartwarming. Give that man a chat show.

Pity about the bird though. Totally out of her depth. Go on love, back to E4.

Underwhelming show this week. Ben Miller the best.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ August 19 2009, 8:47 AM BST

The disrespectful manner that Charlie deals with his guests is heartwarming.

Yes, I love that.
(But you can tell they like it too.)

Last in the series tonight and was pretty good. Had a complete gender switch guest wise, the chick was funny and smart and the bloke was an empty headed space cadet.

Took me a couple of seconds to recognise the woman, then realised she's the host of the most geeky game show in history on BBC Four involving mathematicians battling against chess people in a who's got the fewest friends competition.

Phil Jupitus was his usual self - take from that comment what you will.

'That's Terry Nutkins, my childhood hero, you f**ker!' Laughing out loud