You Have Been Watching - Series 1 Page 13

It was a nice, balanced panel this week. :)

Missed the first ten minutes of this last night, which was a shame as it was a really good show, the best yet. Martin Freeman was surprisingly good. Whatever happened to him?

Also really like the line about Casualty, quoted above.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ August 5 2009, 9:05 AM BST

Martin Freeman was surprisingly good. Whatever happened to him?

He starred in his own prime time show on ITV a couple of months back.
'Boy Meets Girl.'

Quote: chipolata @ August 5 2009, 1:01 PM BST

I agree about Freeman, since The Office he hasn't really done anything else of note. Shame.

I liked Hardware; pretty funny. And I quite liked the Hitchikers Guide flick. And that other sitcom he did, The Robinsons, wasn't too bad, if I recall.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 5 2009, 1:18 PM BST

I liked Hardware; pretty funny. And I quite liked the Hitchikers Guide flick. And that other sitcom he did, The Robinsons, wasn't too bad, if I recall.

Nothing that stands out, though. Nothing that grabs you.

Quote: chipolata @ July 22 2009, 2:58 PM BST

There are attractive funny men, such as the Boosh boys, who many ladies on this forum have been quite happy to drool over. Ditto for Flight of the Conchords. Women are just as guilty of judging the opposite sex on looks alone as us men. Don't try taking the moral high ground.

:)

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 22 2009, 3:13 PM BST

Hopefully next week's token female guest will be somebody a little more attractive. Like Bella Emberg.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ July 28 2009, 11:12 PM BST

If they could re-jig this format and transform it from a game show to a Newsnight Revue style programme then I'd enjoy it a bit more. Similarly, if they dumped the so called 'light entertainment' guests for some intellectual heavy hitters, then I'd be even more happy.

I do rather agree. I actually felt ... I suppose almost 'cheated', when watching it last night.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 4 2009, 11:22 PM BST

It was careless of me though... :)

No, it was fine. :)

Quote: Aaron @ August 5 2009, 3:05 PM BST

No, it was fine. :)

I agree. :)

*Makes mental note that deadpan posts don't work without extra smiley culture Cool ;) Cool :P Wave *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LlkoVDt_3A

I did watch the first 2 episodes of Boy Meets Girl and lost interest. It really ran out steam early.

All been downhill since the episode with Richard Herring on for me, actually think that was the first? Enjoyed the bit about the IRA fighting the Taliban in a car park and Rufus Hound (who is usually quite annoying) saying that he'd 'keep it British' and vote that the IRA would win. Good delivery of it.