You Have Been Watching - Series 1 Page 7

Quote: chipolata @ July 22 2009, 2:55 PM BST

No they're not.

Well every thread on here mentioning female comedians will usually mention posters fancying them. It just seems odd.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 22 2009, 2:55 PM BST

Ah yes.

Actually it's a shame more funny men aren't attractive. :)

There are attractive funny men, such as the Boosh boys, who many ladies on this forum have been quite happy to drool over. Ditto for Flight of the Conchords. Women are just as guilty of judging the opposite sex on looks alone as us men. Don't try taking the moral high ground.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 22 2009, 2:56 PM BST

Well every thread on here mentioning female comedians will usually mention posters fancying them. It just seems odd.

See above comment.

'Not I, said the wolf.' (Whatever the f**k that's meant to mean.)

Quote: chipolata @ July 22 2009, 2:58 PM BST

There are attractive funny men, such as the Boosh boys, who many ladies on this forum have been quite happy to drool over. Ditto for Flight of the Conchords.

None of them are conventionaly good-looking. I think it's the personality and humour that's adding to the attraction.

Maybe Sarah Millican should ditch the specs, get a boob job, dye her hair and wear some make-up. Maybe you'd all find her hilariously funny then? :)

Of course women fancy LOADS of male comedians.

But when it comes to female comedians, men will slag them off, call them ugly/fat/etc, it can get quite nasty.

In general, you really don't get women talking like that over male comedians. For example if we started complaining that Frankie Boyle or whoever wasn't very attractive you'd say why the f**k are you talking about his looks he's not on TV to be a model, he's a comedian. Etc. Whereas women seem to be fair game.

In my opinion.

Not me D.D. I merely commented on the fact that she was a pointless prescence on the Brooker show. The fact that she has a face like a *insert rude comment* was entirely irrelevant to me.

Quote: zooo @ July 22 2009, 3:02 PM BST

Of course women fancy LOADS of male comedians.

But when it comes to female comedians, men will slag them off, call them ugly/fat/etc, it can get quite nasty.

In general, you really don't get women talking like that over male comedians.

Firstly, you don't get many women talking about comedy and comedians, period. You, Dolly and the other women on this site are pretty rare. Generally, I think women can be just as bitchy and nasty about the way men look as women.

As for dolly's point, you're wrong to assume that men can't find unconventional women attractive on the basis of humour. I can think of a lot of real women I've been attracted to who don't fulfil the dictionary definition of beauty but they're personalities have beguiled me. Not for the first time you're guilty of crude stereotyping, dolly.

Hopefully next week's token female guest will be somebody a little more attractive. Like Bella Emberg.

*titters, like a c**t*

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ July 22 2009, 3:02 PM BST

Maybe Sarah Millican should ditch the specs, get a boob job, dye her hair and wear some make-up. Maybe you'd all find her hilariously funny then? :)

It's worth a try, I suppose. Good suggestion, dear. :)

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 22 2009, 3:13 PM BST

*titters, like a c**t*

Laughing out loud

I think I would like Ricky Gervais if it wasn't for his sausage fingers.

He's got tiny feet as well.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 22 2009, 3:26 PM BST

Sick

Ah, bless him.

Quote: Tim Walker @ July 22 2009, 3:26 PM BST

Does that by the human law mean he has a massive pee-nis as well?

This your most succesful thread ever, John!