You Have Been Watching - Series 1 Page 4

Back on topic...

I agree with ContainsNuts, Jamelia clearly had some lines fed to her (the show has five writers on it so it shouldn\'t come as much of a surprise).

Have I already commented on this show? If not, just to say I really enjoyed it. Great fun - especially the auto-cue game. The Screenwipe bits jarred slightly with the studio chat, but I laughed a lot over the 50 minutes - what more can I ask for. I now want to see the whole IRA .v. Taliban fight!

Quote: Mark @ July 11 2009, 1:00 PM BST

I agree with ContainsNuts, Jamelia clearly had some lines fed to her (the show has five writers on it so it shouldn't come as much of a surprise).

Is that true? I scanned the credits and couldn't see anybody credited as "writers". There were five "production somethings", were those the writers?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ July 11 2009, 1:22 PM BST

Is that true? I scanned the credits and couldn't see anybody credited as "writers". There were five "production somethings", were those the writers?

Oh yes. You'll see a lot of writers credited as "Programme Associates" or the like on most of panel shows. Not even on HIGNFY are writers credited as writers. I think this may be something legal-ish to do with the fact that obviously they only write the autocue gags and links.

Thought last night's show was a great improvement on the first. Brooker's really getting into having an audience there.

However...Josie Long?...Nearly everything she said seemed to be prefixed with "And I was, like...".

Speak proper or get orf my telly!

I watched it again last night too; twas funny. All the Jackson stuff was especially good.

Aw, Josie Long is sweet. And rather funny.

Quote: zooo @ July 15 2009, 3:15 PM BST

Aw, Josie Long is sweet. And rather funny.

You reckon? I was about about to say the exact opposite. About the funny, not the sweet.

"Josie, what would you do if you were on the plinth?"

"I think I'd go to sleep. Because I love sleep."

What lines did you think were her funniest?

She made me laugh a few times, no I don't remember the lines in particular.

Same. She made some amusing comments.

I would have made notes but I didn't know there'd be an exam after!

Yes, she was amusing. Not great, and I could understand an accusation of being a bit annoying, but still amusing enough.

What I didn't like was Brooker's calling upcoming sitcom Big Top a drama. Showing his utter lack of research or anything remotely resembling knowledge or information about the programme.

Quote: Aaron @ July 15 2009, 4:23 PM BST

What I didn't like was Brooker's calling upcoming sitcom Big Top a drama. Showing his utter lack of research or anything remotely resembling knowledge or information about the programme.

Next thing you know he'll be classing Baggage as a comedy drama and Psychoville a sitcom! Crazy!

Good show. And I like the way Charlie reacted to Frank's claim that winning on points wasn't a "hollow victory", by being honest enough to say that the quiz element was just "bolted on". :)

Just watched this for the first time tonight and found it to be jolly good fun.

Will now watch more, so a success for the show in that respect.

Pretty good tonight, if only for the jibe about 'Horne & Corden'.

Good show tonight, loads of lol moments. I especially liked his automatic writing effort. :D