You Have Been Watching - Series 1 Page 5

I think it's ok - CB is always good value. But I can't help seeing him on Screenwipe, sitting on his sofa, ripping the piss out of programmes like this "A formulaic, oh-so-cynical, aren't-I-clever look at the week's TV..."

It's standard TV space filler. If it had Jimmy Carr it would be slightly less acidic but essentially the same. It screams 'primetime vehicle', not that I begrudge CB some wider success, but it's a bit of a sell out...

Good ep.

I think we can all agree that we'd rather he did another series of Screenwipe though.

For some reason, I found Frankie Boyle less irritating on this programme than I do anywhere else.

Quote: Aaron @ July 22 2009, 12:20 AM BST

Good ep.

I think we can all agree that we'd rather he did another series of Screenwipe though.

Agreed!

For some reason, him being all shouty in a darkened room is funny.
In a fully-lit studio he comes across as a bit of a nutter.

Another interesting mix of guests. As a rule, I'd avoid Frankie Boyle, but I had no idea he was on it and no will power to turn off once he appeared. And Sarah Millican, whoever she is. She looked liked she'd won a competition to be on it, just sat there pissing herself with laughter at everything Brooker or Boyle said. And Reece Shearsmith.

I can imagine in future we'll probably get more of this type of show from Brooker than Screen/Newswipe. Far less work and probably more money.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 22 2009, 10:15 AM BST

I can imagine in future we'll probably get more of this type of show from Brooker than Screen/Newswipe. Far less work and probably more money.

I'd say that depends on how many people watch it! TV Heaven, Telly Hell was less work and more money for everybody involved, but it didn't exactly become a longstanding fixture in our schedules.

Quote: chipolata @ July 22 2009, 10:17 AM BST

I'd say that depends on how many people watch it! TV Heaven, Telly Hell was less work and more money for everybody involved, but it didn't exactly become a longstanding fixture in our schedules.

Yeah, but Brooker's 'Cool'. He can do what he wants.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 22 2009, 10:19 AM BST

Yeah, but Brooker's 'Cool'. He can do what he wants.

If he's that "cool", why don't you just marry him!

Quote: chipolata @ July 22 2009, 10:21 AM BST

If he's that "cool", why don't you just marry him!

I'm waiting for you, darling. That's why.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 22 2009, 10:15 AM BST

And Sarah Millican, whoever she is.

She was a bit rubbish.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 22 2009, 10:22 AM BST

I'm waiting for you, darling. That's why.

:$

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 22 2009, 10:22 AM BST

She was a bit rubbish.

And worse for a woman, not attractive.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 22 2009, 10:22 AM BST

She was a bit rubbish.

A 'bit' rubbish? She was a lot rubbish. She made Josie Long look like Julia Louis-Dreyfuss.

Quote: chipolata @ July 22 2009, 10:24 AM BST

:$

Bitch.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 22 2009, 10:26 AM BST

A 'bit' rubbish? She was a lot rubbish. She made Josie Long look like Julia Louis-Dreyfuss.

I quite liked that Radio 4 improv show Josie Long did with Jim Sweeny.

A 'bit' rubbish? She was a lot rubbish.

Well I for one was enjoying the comedy nose she chose to wear for the occasion.

Bitch.

Nice. And after I manfully stepped up to the plate and batted for your "Cabin Pressure - Series 2" thread.