You Have Been Watching - Series 1 Page 2

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 8 2009, 10:02 AM BST

I do worry that his edge is going to wear off slightly with these 'showbiz mates' of his!

How long till Aisylene is on it?

Quote: chipolata @ July 8 2009, 10:05 AM BST

How long till Aisylene is on it?

Know what I mean, bro?! Aiiiii!!!

I really enjoyed it, made me laugh hard the whole way through.

The Taliban Vs the IRA in a car park was great!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 8 2009, 10:34 AM BST

I really enjoyed it, made me laugh hard the whole way through.

That's a weight off my mind!

Quote: chipolata @ July 8 2009, 10:37 AM BST

That's a weight off my mind!

Shut it you tart.

(Get a room, you two.)

Quite good. Not as biting, witty, or ... well, good, as Screenwipe of course, but then it's a different sort of show entirely. It did spend a little long on The One Show I suppose, but perhaps only because there's so very little to really attack it on, with any amount of venom or insight? Either way, the idea of that feature/case study of one show isn't inherently bad. Just perhaps missed the mark a little this time.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/you_have_been_watching/

It was good, but it struck me he now has 3 programmes which are pretty much the same thing - an ascerbic sarky look at telly. His guests last night were just there to do bits that he would normally have done himself. Its no bad thing, but he might as well get the BBC to give Screenwipe a wider audience and shove it on BBC2 at 9.30 or something.

Quote: Leevil @ July 8 2009, 2:41 AM BST

I was hoping this would be on OnDemand but it's not :( Poo.

Virgin has a shit EPG. Doesn't seen to display past 24 hours in advance. Anyway, my point being - Is it gonna be repeated?

I found it in Virgin onDemand
Just watching it now.

Yeah, cool. I've just seen it on there too. I love catchup.

It was good, but... all of the best bits could have been done just as well if not better on Screenwipe. I hope SW isn't going to miss out on the likes of IRA vs the Taliban, brilliant as it was to see it here. Not sure this sort of thing works as well with a studio audience as it does without.

On the plus side I did fear that Charlie B might be a bit crap as a host "with people" but in fact he came across as a natural; and as I said elsewhere Jamelia's tits were an incredible distraction.

Quote: Leevil @ July 8 2009, 11:10 PM BST

Yeah, cool. I've just seen it on there too. I love catchup.

Is that on your bacon sandwich?

Quote: Badge @ July 9 2009, 1:19 AM BST

It was good, but... all of the best bits could have been done just as well if not better on Screenwipe. I hope SW isn't going to miss out on the likes of IRA vs the Taliban, brilliant as it was to see it here. Not sure this sort of thing works as well with a studio audience as it does without.

On the plus side I did fear that Charlie B might be a bit crap as a host "with people" but in fact he came across as a natural; and as I said elsewhere Jamelia's tits were an incredible distraction.

Ditto.

Quote: Badge @ July 9 2009, 1:19 AM BST

Is that on your bacon sandwich?

:D

I cringed through this. I thought this is the sort of programme that Brooker rips to shit on Screenwipe. All pomp and ridiculously staged. Jamelia clearly had some gags written for her. The whole appeal of Brooker is his fast uncompromising style and this is all watered down with guests and a laughter-track (I know it was real). Not for me, and a shame as Screenwipe and Newswipe were excellent.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ July 9 2009, 1:43 PM BST

Jamelia clearly had some gags written for her.

You think? Can't say I remember her really saying any gags.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 9 2009, 1:46 PM BST

You think? Can't say I remember her really saying any gags.

Something like "Melanie has the face of an angel, whilst Adrian Chiles has the face of Greggs."