The Inbetweeners - Series 3 Page 16

It was fun kinda like Peep Show junior, it is feeling a little forced though....

Quote: Aaron @ September 20 2010, 10:45 PM BST

Re: the arms, writer Iain Morris just told me that that actually happened to him

He should have known better than to refer to such a peculiar personal incident, because it didn't seem right. Truth is stranger than fiction, and this alleged-truth was too strange for this fiction.

Good episode though! Apart from the arms, there was a lot of well-observed hilarious stuff going on.

Quote: sootyj @ September 22 2010, 6:49 AM BST

It was fun kinda like Peep Show junior, it is feeling a little forced though....

Yes, I thought Will sounded a lot like Mark.

Well it was perfectly fine for us non-druggies.

Quote: zooo @ September 22 2010, 8:42 AM BST

I don't think you have to be a druggie to have a basic idea of the actual effect dope has on you. Or has on every person apart from the writer of this episode, it seems. :)

Anyway, it was still a funny episode.

Quote: zooo @ September 22 2010, 8:42 AM BST

Quite.

You don't have to have been to space to know you float.

Why don't you all stick to watching gritty northern dramas about smack addicts, and then you can talk afterwards about how realistic and moving it all was.

Will's a spaz! He did spazzy things after his first time taking drugs! He can't even do drugs properly - it's funny!

Quote: zooo @ September 22 2010, 10:25 AM BST

Why don't you all stick to watching gritty northern dramas about smack addicts, and then you can talk afterwards about how realistic and moving it all was. Will's a spaz! He did spazzy things after his first time taking drugs! He can't even do drugs properly - it's funny!

*offers zooo a toke on his doobie to help her chillax*

N.B. eating a largish lump of marijuana especially if it was of the strong variety could have some potent effects.

Quote: chipolata @ September 22 2010, 10:31 AM BST

*offers zooo a toke on his doobie to help her chillax*

Euphemism?

Quote: sootyj @ September 22 2010, 10:31 AM BST

N.B. eating a largish lump of marijuana especially if it was of the strong variety could have some potent effects.

S'what I said.

This is pointless. Was it sort of funny what happened? Yes. Was it realistic? No. Did it slightly irk some at the moment they were watching it? Yes; that's all, it's not a big bloomin' deal.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 22 2010, 10:21 AM BST

You don't have to have been to space to know you float.

But you do have to be told, or see footage of it for real.

Quote: Aaron @ September 22 2010, 10:35 AM BST

But you do have to be told, or see footage of it for real.

Most people will have been told, or seen something about it in real life, or on TV or film; if you've managed to avoid any knowledge of the effects, then that is quite a skill.

This is boring. Stop being boring.

Why was the girl's sick tomato soup? Who eats tomato soup before a gig?

My favourite depiction of drug-taking is Emilio Estevez in The Breakfast Club after he takes a couple of tugs on a joint and proceeds to run on the spot like a sprinter then bellow at a pane of glass loud enough to shatter it. I remember the first time I smoked weed I accidentally won a triathalon then killed my dog with a whisper.