The Inbetweeners - Series 3 Page 14

Quote: Aaron @ September 20 2010, 10:45 PM BST

Re: the arms, writer Iain Morris just told me that that actually happened to him -

Then there is something quite odd about him and his body! :D I've never seen anyone spazz their limbs about after smoking or ingesting weed!

I'm quite surprised last night's episode has gone down so well.
I think the new series has seemed a bit forced and no where near as good as the previous ones.
There were definitely some funny bits in there but I'm not finding the show very convincing anymore.

Well I'm laughing just thinking about it again. That's the mark of a seriously top-notch bit of telly.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 21 2010, 9:28 AM BST

I'm quite surprised last night's episode has gone down so well.
I think the new series has seemed a bit forced and no where near as good as the previous ones.
There were definitely some funny bits in there but I'm not finding the show very convincing anymore.

I agree to a certain extent. The Inbetweeners has established a formula and we're clearly not going to see anything in this series we haven't seen in series 1 and 2.

However, it's not a bad formula! And even if last night's offering was a tad contrived, and the drug taking felt like it was written by a twelve year old with no experience of drugs whatsoever, it's still churning out the laughs.

You have got to remember who the audience is, and do they really want to be showing drug taking as to be something that good. By putting in the vomiting and the fact he was taken away by an ambulance kind of put the "drugs are bad" element in.

Anyway, I thought it was really funny and can't wait for more.

By the way, anyone seen FHM this month with the cast of Inbetweeners in it... the guys look so nice all dressed up. You can see for yourself about the girls.

Yes, I turned the magazine around so the boys were on the front cover instead of the back.

Quote: zooo @ September 21 2010, 11:10 AM BST

Yes, I turned the magazine around so the boys were on the front cover instead of the back.

Don't worry, I turned it back round so the girls were on the front.

Spoilsport.

I've just watched it now. Was very good, though preferred last weeks opener. But still very good. Inevitabe a drugs storyline would come up sooner or later.

Love The Inbetweeners and if someone had asked me yesterday to pick out the worst episode, I wouldn't have been able to, as everyone has been a winner.

Same question today sadly would have me putting last night's episode forward.

Still good but the second half just didn't pull it out of the bag.

Great to see the Milfy mom back last night. Pity we've yet to see Alex McQueen yet. Hopefully he'll be coming soon.

Oh, and one of the writers is on Front Row tonight.

Quote: Aaron @ September 20 2010, 10:45 PM BST

Absolutely brilliant. I was literally screaming with laughter. Possibly the best episode yet. Can not wait for episode 3.

I agree. The most I've laughed at an Inbetweeners episode yet!
I missed about ten minutes of the show after Will ate the whole deal because I couldn't stop laughing - and Jay's reaction to it was first class!
The effects of the weed were a bit silly, but hey ho, it's a comedy, not exactly a slice-of-life drama. Who really CARES?

10/10, ep 3 now please!

Quote: Moonstone @ September 21 2010, 9:36 PM BST

The effects of the weed were a bit silly, but hey ho, it's a comedy, not exactly a slice-of-life drama. Who really CARES?

Well, clearly, several people. It took some of us out of the comedy and the show slightly as we were slapping our foreheads going 'doh'! Did it ruin anything? No, it just seems an odd thing to put in.

But then it turns out that actually happened to the writer, so you were wrong. HA.

Quote: zooo @ September 21 2010, 9:45 PM BST

But then it turns out that actually happened to the writer, so you were wrong. HA.

His arms spazzed about? If it did happen to him,which I'm not sure I buy, then it doesn't happen to anyone else, hence everyone going 'whuh?'