The Works - seeking sketch writers! Page 17

Quote: chipolata @ November 4 2009, 11:56 AM GMT

Can you buy chains on their own? Or do you have to buy a whole bike?

Take your knife to the transaction and I reckon you can have it how you like it.

This sounds excellent. Only just signed onto this forum. Are you doing it again soon, or is it a one off?? If so I would like to send in some stuff.

They're not doing any more now til next year.

Quote: Griff @ November 3 2009, 2:24 PM GMT

No-one ever got anywhere without being a selfish bastard. It's the secret of comedy.

I thought the secret of comedy was time...

...ing.

Me neither. Interestingly (or not), the sketch is too similar to something they've done before rather than there being anything wrong with it. Unless that is the thing that is wrong with it. But I haven't seen the other sketch, so can't say.

Anyway, I'm still going along to see what sort of stuff they do do (ha -- "do-do"!), if anyone else is going to be there?

Dan

I'll be there, Dan. Fancy meeting up for a pre-show drink? Greensville is going to be there too.

What time does it start? I'll be pushed to get there much before 7ish, but if there's time then yeah, sure. I'll stick around for drinks later on too.

Dan

I'll be going as well. Definitely on for some post-show drinks. Maybe also for pre-show ones if you can let me know the planned venue, but depends on how bad a day I have at work.

I intend to show my face.

Quote: Timbo @ November 11 2009, 4:40 PM GMT

I intend to show my face.

Ooh shall we have that pie n mash we discussed first Tim?

If not, I'll see you at the show instead.

Am v excited. (Am I allowed to say that yet?)

:)

Jx

Regrettably I do not think there are any pie n mash shops left in Soho.

And yes, I think we are allowed to show some excitement now. Go us!

Hi Griff - yes I have made the final cut once again. I am as surprised as anyone. Sorry you and Stu missed out this time; there are a few other BSGers on the list, but I will leave them their bragging rights.

Anyone who can make it before 7, how about meeting at the Red Lion?

http://www.fancyapint.com/pubs/pub324.php

I'll be hanging around for drinks afterward too.

I managed to get a sketch in this time. Well done to everyone else who won their favour, I look forward to seeing your work. Timbo, which sketch was yours from the last show?

I got a rejection email even though I didn't send anything in this time! It was like a reminder that I am a reject. Will I get one every few months just to rub it in?

Quote: ContainsNuts @ November 12 2009, 8:49 AM GMT

I got a rejection email even though I didn't send anything in this time! It was like a reminder that I am a reject. Will I get one every few months just to rub it in?

:) That's what I like - a production co. that really loves its work.