The Works - seeking sketch writers! Page 12

Quote: James Turner @ September 5 2009, 8:16 PM BST

Is this still going? I want to send stuff next week.

Too late for the next show I'm afraid. They only do it every few months, so you'll have to keep an eye out for when they next put a call out.

A lot of (yes, it is a stupid phrase) the comedy mafia have written for this one too.

Planned meet-up anyone? Errrr, that is to say if we don't get cut.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ September 6 2009, 11:30 AM BST

A lot of (yes, it is a stupid phrase) the comedy mafia have written for this one too.

Planned meet-up anyone? Errrr, that is to say if we don't get cut.

I'm planning to go along, subject to that caveat...

Any BCGers going to this?

Just found out I've been cut. Maybe anyway.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ September 9 2009, 7:36 PM BST

:( Bad luck Yac.

Ah sorry to hear that Yacob - harsh to get dropped at the last minute.

I'm going just to watch. It was good fun last time round and I'm looking forward to seeing Dan Antopolski 'hosting' it on Friday.

I'll try to get a better view this time though!

Jx

I'll be there anyway, so I hope to see you's who's goin'.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ September 9 2009, 7:36 PM BST

Mine cut as well. Not too painful as it's actually a sketch I wrote six years ago and it's been floating around in one form or another ever since. It's just a pain that no sod ever seems to finally take it!

Sorry to hear about those that were cut. Mine has fortunately made it through (it involves Owls) and I'll be there, so would be good to meet up with you all. Is there a bar at the venue where we'll all end up before the show?

Hello everyone,

Apologies for not posting sooner, this round of The Works has been a lot tighter time wise down to Edinburgh.

A HUGE thank you to absolutely everyone who submitted sketches, it really was such a tough call to decide on 30-ish sketches with the standard (and volume) so high. Again, please don't be disheartened if your sketch wasn't used, it may have been down to massive/expensive props, tough-to-stage settings etc. So this is something to consider in the future.

We hugely regret the process of having to make a long list and cut it down, but we have so much to choose from, and want to give all of the 'corkers' a try in rehearsals.

Hoping to see you there, please do come and say hi! We'll all be going to the John Snow pub afterwards as we have to be out again by 10.

The next show will be early November, so if you've missed this round, don't worry it's not so long until the next!

And of course a big thank you to the writers who's sketches we'll be performing, we can't wait!

Isabel and The Works Team X

So who went? Any good? How was it? Did there happen to be a zombie related sketch?

I was there with assorted riff raff from BCG. There were indeed zombies. The sketch was in safe hands with David Armand and the impressive Katherine Jakeways, and it went down well.

Quote: Timbo @ September 12 2009, 11:17 AM BST

The sketch was in safe hands with David Armand and the impressive Katherine Jakeways, and it went down well.

Ah, good, it's a shame I couldn't make it along myself.

I know it's already been answered but yes Matthew yours was on second - you should get yourself a flyer as proof! You can have mine but it's a bit screwed up. You may not have bothered to turn up for your own work but Richard Herring and Katie Brand made the effort to go see it. :)

It was a great sketch as were all by the BCGers (including lurkers - you know who you are).

A very good show again and lovely to meet up with a few peeps from here.

Well done to Isabel and the team - in quite a short space of time too. (I know flattery will get me nowhere - I need a decent sketch first!)

I noticed Steve mentioned on the other thread that it's the last one. Is that right? I thought they'd be at least one more.

Jx