The Works - seeking sketch writers! Page 18

Well done Timbo Jane & David.
Shame I can't make it this time round.
:)

I'll be there. Haven't been told if I'm in or out yet. Received an email yesterday saying I have to call someone involved with The Works. This is how they're breaking the bad news now I suppose?

Oh, and I'm good for meeting up for a pre-show drink. I can get drunk and whine about all my RFTP rejections (I've really sold it there).

Red Lion sounds fine (if work permits the pre-drinks)

Quote: David Bussell @ November 12 2009, 8:17 AM GMT

Timbo, which sketch was yours from the last show?

Mine was the runner, 'He's Not Worth It', with Isy attempting to get Dan into fights.

Unless Jane can find us a pie n mash shop, I shall join you in the Red Lion.

Quote: Timbo @ November 12 2009, 12:46 PM GMT

Mine was the runner, 'He's Not Worth It', with Isy attempting to get Dan into fights.

Unless Jane can find us a pie n mash shop, I shall join you in the Red Lion.

No worries Tim, I'm planning to sneak in some jellied eels for you. :)

Congrats to you on three in a row!!! And to David and Elise and hopefully Yacob.

Can we please all agree to laugh at each others sketches regardless? - am starting to get a bit nervous now...

See you there.

Cool, see you all there. I'll be in there by 6 (alcoholic).

I'll be at the show, so do come say Hi. (Search my name on FB if you want to see my lovely/bloodstained face). x

Will try to get there for 6.

Oh, and they are using one of my sketches afterall (but don't worry, will still whine about RFTP). PLEASE don't laugh if my sketch isn't funny.

Best of luck tonight team! I can't make it unfortunately.

Just out of interest, did everyone who didn't get sketches in get a rejection email/ phone call?

I didn't!

(I take it you mean who got on the long-list?)

I got a 'sorry, we decided to go against it' email, but the 'you got on the long-list' email did mention their initial concerns (it was too similar to something in show 1, rather than there being anything specifically wrong with it -- he kids himself), so they did apologise for that.

Dan

Shame you can't make it. I think Isabel only contacted people individually if they had made the longlist but not the shortlist.

Ah that explains it. I didn't even get on the long list.

Enjoy yourselves, you magnificent bastards.

Well, I'm going, but I'm not in! :)

Dan

Looking forward to seeing you all in the Lion tonight, folks. Here's hoping tonight's as good as the last one, which was very good indeed despite having a Matt Stott sketch in it.

Well done all, on another great show last night.

I really enjoyed it - especially our sketches of course. And the cast are fantastic.

Plus it was lovely to see fellow BCGers there.

Well done Dan for getting involved too. That'll teach you for sitting at the front.

I look forward to the compilation show in Jan/ Feb now.

Here's to Timbo making it four credits in a row. :)

Jx