Current radio comedy Page 92

NewsJack today had a sketch on a idea about Downton Abbey creator Julian Fellowes remaking Terminator.

I want this to happen.

Quote: Claire Hardiker @ March 30 2012, 7:44 AM BST

NewsJack today had a sketch on a idea about Downton Abbey creator Julian Fellowes remaking Terminator.

I want this to happen.

I haven't listened to it yet, but the idea reminds me a lot of this Harry Enfield sketch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGNSI9oweOY

Quote: Claire Hardiker @ March 30 2012, 7:44 AM BST

I want this to happen.

That had me laughing out loud lots on the walk to work this morning. Best sketch of Newsjack this week.

Dan

Excellent NJ to finish. Relieved I didn't scrabble around to dispatch stuff as it wouldn't have made the cut.
Good work all

Sony Award nominations have just been announced for this year. The nominations are:

* Adam and Joe
* Another Case of Milton Jones
* Down the Line
* Mark Steel's in Town
* The National Theatre of Brent's Iconic Icons

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 30 2012, 1:51 PM BST

Sony Award nominations have just been announced for this year. The nominations are:

* Adam and Joe
* Another Case of Milton Jones
* Down the Line
* Mark Steel's in Town
* The National Theatre of Brent's Iconic Icons

Nice shortlist. I always find Mark Steel's In Town incredibly interesting and I learn loads about the towns whilst laughing along, so it'd be nice for that to gain some recognition.

I think Steel won the Silver Award in 2010 for In Town.

The person I feel most sorry for mind is Milton Jones. Chortle are reporting that Another Case of Milton Jones has been axed. Not only that, but in the same week it he learned that Channel 4 had not commissioned House of Rooms for a full series either.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2012/03/30/15147/radio_4_doesnt_want_to_keep_up_with_jones

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 30 2012, 2:25 PM BST

The person I feel most sorry for mind is Milton Jones. Chortle are reporting that Another Case of Milton Jones has been axed. Not only that, but in the same week it he learned that Channel 4 had not commissioned House of Rooms for a full series either.

Teary But...but...why? Teary

Milton Milton Milton Milton Jo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-ones!

I should also point that the BCG is up for an award as well. "Do the Right Thing" is up for "Best Internet Programme".

Can I make a 'Milton Jones, you've been gone too long' joke yet?

</joke way out of time>

Dan

Perplexed about the decision re. "Another Case of Milton Jones", it's a show that is pretty much at it's peak isn't it?

Just been nominated for a Sony, Milton's star is still rising after years of being one of the best kept secrets on the comedy circuit and, unless I'm mistaken, it's an incredibly popular part of the Radio 4 comedy schedule.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 30 2012, 1:51 PM BST

* Adam and Joe

<3

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 30 2012, 2:25 PM BST

I think Steel won the Silver Award in 2010 for In Town.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2012/03/30/15147/radio_4_doesnt_want_to_keep_up_with_jones

back in the day Miltons radio shows were great

sadly the last few series have been tired, predictable and basically not very funny

imo!

Quote: lofthouse @ March 30 2012, 9:52 PM BST

back in the day Miltons radio shows were great

sadly the last few series have been tired, predictable and basically not very funny

imo!

Yup. The formula overtook the invention unfortunately.

Ed Reardon not at his best, but still pretty good.

The Castle tonight featured absolutely up to the minute jokes about Tony Blair, Chilcot and, for your dad, Peter Green-era Fleetwood Mac (The Green Manalishi was written by Peter Green, by the way, not Mick Fleetwood).