Current radio comedy Page 101

New series of Old Harry's Game tonight. Excellent!

:D Can't wait for the new 'Fags Mags and Bags'! radio4 6.30pm.

It says the above is on Radio 4 at 18:30, dellas

;) OK Pedant..

Pedant:
1. a person who makes an excessive or inappropriate display of learning.
2. a person who overemphasizes rules or minor details.
3. a person who adheres rigidly to book knowledge without regard to common sense.

Not sure that applies. :P

:D Cap and fit, Nils x

By the way; what do you reckon to the programme 'Sketcherama'? I think it is utter boring nonsense.

What.Evs! :P

Really enjoyed the return of Old Harry's Game tonight.

Old Harry's Game. Good to hear it back. Bit variable but some nice up to date jokes. Liked that they remembered James Grout.

Stumbled on Robin and Wendy's Wet Weekends on R4 Extra. Black as pitch beneath the supposed mundanity. Wonderful stuff.

Really enjoyed Old Harry's Game. Never heard it before and found it really funny.

Quote: Claire Hardiker @ July 13 2012, 6:54 AM BST

Really enjoyed Old Harry's Game. Never heard it before and found it really funny.

It's generally pretty good. Been around for years and is one of the best satires on religion I've heard. Andy Hamilton has done his research on the theology. There is another series running on R4+ which is on the iPlayer but I'm sure you could some excerpts on you tube.

Quote: Claire Hardiker @ July 13 2012, 6:54 AM BST

Old Harry's Game is generally excellent, one of my favourite "sitcoms" on the radio.

On a side note Claire, and I hope this doesn't come across as rude, but is there anything on the radio that you don't like?

It's just that all of your posts seem to be unremittingly positive, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but it'd just be nice to know that occasionally you listened to something which you thought was a bit rubbish (which, to be honest, for me is my usual listening position when it comes to radio comedy).

Quote: Tony Cowards @ July 13 2012, 10:23 AM BST

Old Harry's Game is generally excellent, one of my favourite "sitcoms" on the radio.

On a side note Claire, and I hope this doesn't come across as rude, but is there anything on the radio that you don't like?

It's just that all of your posts seem to be unremittingly positive, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but it'd just be nice to know that occasionally you listened to something which you thought was a bit rubbish (which, to be honest, for me is my usual listening position when it comes to radio comedy).

I don't see it as rude but it is a good point. It's just at the moment most of the radio stuff I have been listening to as been excellent in my view but there was one I didn't like Living the Dream which I posted about a few weeks ago.

Quote: Claire Hardiker @ June 22 2012, 6:07 AM BST

Listened to the pilot for the new sitcom Living the Dream. The stereotypes were out in force, the extreme eco-warrior, Creepy guy living next door who likes main character, posh over-protective mother and ex boyfriend who turns out to be a bastard. So nothing really original.

;) I don't like your posts Tony!...

Not that keen on 'Old Harry', think it appeals to Chaps.