Current radio comedy Page 100

Very much enjoyed this series of So Wrong It's Right, but I'm sure Susan Calman (?) has used a lot of her material before on Radio 4 panel shows, possibly even on So Wrong It's Right.

Listened to the pilot for the new sitcom Living the Dream. The stereotypes were out in force, the extreme eco-warrior, Creepy guy living next door who likes main character, posh over-protective mother and ex boyfriend who turns out to be a bastard. So nothing really original.

Listening to My Teenage Diary. 17 year old Robert Webb is exactly like Jeremy from Peep Show. Although the bits about his mom were quite poignant.

After just discovering Cabin Pressure last week, I went online and listened to all the episodes. Bleak Expectations was always my favourite radio comedy, but I think Cabin Pressure may have just overtaken it. Brilliant stuff!

Only thing is, I don't know what to do now I've listened to them all. I should have rationed myself!

Quote: chipolata @ June 27 2012, 6:55 PM BST

Listening to My Teenage Diary. 17 year old Robert Webb is exactly like Jeremy from Peep Show. Although the bits about his mom were quite poignant.

I thought this was great, although the cynic in me thinks that there's no way all of that was written when he was actually 17.

I've been enjoying a radio sketch show on Radio 4 Extra called the Museum of Everything. I have found it really funny. Marcus Brigstocke, Dan Tetsell and Danny Robbins did a fantastic job. I say did since it is from 2004.

Anyone listen to the morecambe and wise show on radio 4 extra?

Horrific!

Quote: Tony Cowards @ June 28 2012, 12:40 AM BST

I thought this was great, although the cynic in me thinks that there's no way all of that was written when he was actually 17.

I thought that at times, but then I figured it's Robert Webb at 17, who was about to go to Cambridge and probably was pretty precocious.

The pilot for The 21st Century for Time Travellers was brilliant!

Also the first episode of S3 of Bleak Expectations was great.

Live From Kirrin Island is a radio show/podcast that got put together by the might of the BCG and will appeal to those of you that like Newsjack.

It was broadcast on Brooklands Radio last week. For more details, click the link to the 'Sketch Show forum' thread.

Have a listen

Dan

The Simon Day Show sputtered to an almost embarrassingly unfunny conclusion. Even at its best the series has been a story of missed opportunities, good ideas wasted as the scripts headed in other directions. I don't know how much control Day has but it seems to be too much. Someone needs to tell him when it's not good enough. The support performers, Felix Dexter in particular, also managed to reach new heights every week in OTTness.

Quote: italophile @ July 6 2012, 8:00 AM BST

Felix Dexter in particular, also managed to reach new heights every week in OTTness.

He succeeded in making an otherwise very poor show entirely unlistenable.

The Gobetweenies. At least the girl has now had the adenoids fixed but still dire. Apparently t'was critically acclaimed but even Tennant has jumped ship and we know how undiscriminating he can be.

I dunno if this goes here, but I've started listening to the Herring podcasts. Hilarious, but so damned long.

I listened to The Guns of Adam Riches again since it was on the comedy of the week podcast. It was really funny and quite weird in parts but overall I really enjoyed it, especially the sketch at the end about an evil Just A Minute.

Also I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue made fun of Just a Minute today which made for a hilarious listen.