Current radio comedy Page 103

:) Yes so agree Keithy.

Quote: KeithyT @ July 20 2012, 3:49 PM BST

Yes, in the car for me too. I've got a digital radio and Sky digital at home and hardly ever listen while captive.

Just after I walk my dogs however I'm usually driving them home from the woods around 6:30pm for the Radio 4 comedy slot. Bingo.

Have recently enjoyed My Teenage Diary hosted by Rufus Hound (esp the Robert Webb opener) and the panel show with Charlie Brooker about the "worst" things (name escapes me although I'm guessing it has Worse in the title).

Tried Old Harry's Game last night but didnt really find it that chucklesome.

The Now Show tonight looks like it might be up my street.

Charlie Brooker's show is called So Wrong It's Right. Which I also really enjoyed since I like shows about the worst stuff.

I enjoyed the Olympic Special of Old Harry's Game. Very funny and had that very British attitude towards the Olympics. Especially loved Edith's reaction to Boris Johnson.

On the Town with the League of Gentleman was really funny. A really enjoyable listen. It's hard to believe that it is 15 years old.

Quote: Claire Hardiker @ July 23 2012, 9:56 AM BST

It's hard to believe that it is 15 years old.

It's hard to believe that I'm 15 years old.

Very hard indeed.....

Alice's Wunderland was great again last week; loved Death.

Just heard Alice's Wunderland what a waste of time, if this is the best British comedy can do then I despair. I'll stay with the old shows, like I'm Sorry, I'll Read That Again, Round the Horne, and Old Harry's Game.

:D Well Old Gruntfuttock you have not even introduced yourself! Please do that and tell us about yourself before commenting here- we are friendly and enjoy a 'critique' of a programme, try not to sound 'aggressive' OK- then Welcome!

Chain Reaction. Jeremy Front talking to his sister, Rebecca, in Radio 4's prime Friday evening comedy slot? Oh dear.

Well, I loved it. But then Rebecca can do little wrong in my book.

Quote: chipolata @ July 27 2012, 9:25 PM BST

Chain Reaction. Jeremy Front talking to his sister, Rebecca, in Radio 4's prime Friday evening comedy slot? Oh dear.

I was looking forward to some Friday evening comedy and got to the iPlayer to find that was the offering. No thanks.

Enjoyed 'Kevin Eldon Will See You Now'; funny and odd.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 5 2012, 12:21 PM BST

Enjoyed 'Kevin Eldon Will See You Now'; funny and odd.

Yes. I quite liked that too.

I missed the 'Old Harry's Game' Olympic specials and they don't seem to be on iPlayer any more and I forgot to download the BBC COmedy podcasts :( Does anyone happen to know if they'll be aired again soon?

Getting a bit bored of the olympic Now Show specials. 20 minutes of sports/trains related gags and 10 minutes of a sports enthusiast explaining to us why we should love the olympics. I just switched off the most recent episode when Julia Hartley-Brewer was introduced - who decided journalists would be good on comedy shows? There are enough comedians around, why book a vaguely witty journo when you could give a great comedian a platform?

Quote: Harridan @ August 9 2012, 4:19 PM BST

There are enough comedians around, why book a vaguely witty journo when you could give a great comedian a platform?

Possibly because 90% of comedians are currently attending another large non-Olympic event being held north of the border.