3. Ed Stone is Dead
4. Teenage Kicks
5. The Old Guys
6. Life of Riley
7. Lab Rats
8. All ABout Me
9. I'm With Stupid
10. The Crouches

The worst sitcom I have ever, ever (ever) seen is Brighton Belles. I can probably put together a list of 9 others but this is in a league of it's own when it comes to utter awfulness. I mean, what were they even thinking? Why remake something that is already hugely popular? And even then leave it barely changed from the original? To this very day I still cannot fathom just what they were thinking :S I am not a fan.

The strange thing is that all my other worst sitcoms are from the last 10 years - it seems to have been a decade of extremes between genius and dross and nothing inbetween.

Quote: Jack Massey @ February 19 2009, 10:12 PM GMT

I'm going to go for
1. Fresh Fields
2. French Fields
3. Odd Man Out
4. 'Allo 'Allo!
5. The Top Secret Life of Edgar Briggs
6. All About Me
7. The House that Jack Built
8. George and the Dragon
9. Love thy Neighbour
10. Hallelujah!

Ok, how different human beings are!
Surprised to see a Dad's Army fan with avatar that turns down 'Allo 'Allo!.
To me they are like a brother and sister sitcom. Both excellent.
More since both are by many among the top ten.
Another post lists "The Office" as worst ten.
It's sad cause this plurality of no-taste for expert acclaimed works is what supports BBC and other networks around the globe to host rubbish sitcoms from time to time.

Dad's Army had excellent scripts, but the chemistry between all the seven actors made it the true classic which is for me Britain's finest sitcom, yet 'Allo 'Allo! was just over-acted and predictable and are in total different leagues.

I always change my mind about what I don't like so here's what I don't like at the minute.

1.Big Top
2.The Office
3.The Royle Family
4.Surgical Spirit
5.Barbara
6.Lunch Monkeys
7.Lab Rats
8.Heil Honey I'm Home!
9.Red Dwarf
10.Emmerdale

Quote: Jack Massey @ December 8 2009, 10:08 PM GMT

Dad's Army had excellent scripts, but the chemistry between all the seven actors made it the true classic which is for me Britain's finest sitcom, yet Allo Allo was just over-acted and predictable and are in total different leagues.

Think I'm with you there Jack.

I like 'Allo 'Allo but the Madonna with (mit) the (der) big boobies tries one's patience after a while whereas the DA running jokes (e.g. Jones always being half a beat behind, Do you think that's wise Sir) never do for me.

Quote: David Carmon @ December 9 2009, 12:27 AM GMT

I always change my mind about what I don't like so here's what I don't like at the minute.

1.Big Top
2.The Office
3.The Royle Family
4.Surgical Spirit
5.Barbara
6.Lunch Monkeys
7.Lab Rats
8.Heil Honey I'm Home!
9.Red Dwarf
10.Emmerdale

Oh no, The Royle Family and The Office! My heart hurts. But then again, I can see why some people hate those two. Agree completely with Red Dwarf. On Netflix they have 18 seasons or whatever it is of Red Dwarf and All Creatures Great And Small, but NO AB FAB!

Bad britcoms for me:
Last Of The Summer Wine
A Fine Romance
Red Dwarf
Father Ted
The Catherine Tate Show
The Young Ones
'Allo 'Allo!

Quote: KeyLimePaige @ December 9 2009, 2:25 AM GMT

Father Ted

:O

Quote: luis kmentt @ December 8 2009, 8:54 PM GMT

Its sad cause this plurality of no-taste for expert acclaimed works is what supports BBC and other networks around the globe to host rubbish sitcoms from time to time.

Some 'expert acclaimed' shows don't get ratings, some unacclaimed shows do. Comedy is inexplicably subjective. If some people hate a show, no amount of expert acclaim will make them like it.

As to hosting rubbish shows to pander to the masses. Every sitcom that the networks make is made with an eye to ratings. Only idiots make shows just for the critics. That some are well-received by critics is a bonus to the producers. And, just like the 'uneducated' public, even the critics can't agree on what's good or bad. So is it a surprise some of our favourite works of genius are hated by others? No.
:)

Quote: KeyLimePaige @ December 9 2009, 2:25 AM GMT

bad britcoms for me:
Red Dwarf
Father Ted

:O
See what I mean? :)

Saxondale, Absolutely Fabulous, Saxondale, My Hero, Saxondale, Absolutely Fabulous, My Hero, Saxondale, Absolutely Fabulous, Saxondale.

Quote: Henrik Bengtsson @ December 9 2009, 5:17 PM GMT

Saxondale, Absolutly Fabulous, Saxondale, My Hero, Saxondale, Absolutly Fabulous
My Hero, Saxondale, Absolutly Fabulous, Saxondale.

Child.

1. Big Top
2. Big Top
3. Big Top
4. Big Top
5. Big Top
6. Big Top
7. Big Top
8. Big Top
9. Big Top
10. Last of the Summer Wine

Quote: roscoff @ December 9 2009, 11:10 PM GMT

Child.

1. Big Top
2. Big Top
3. Big Top
4. Big Top
5. Big Top
6. Big Top
7. Big Top
8. Big Top
9. Big Top
10. Last of the Summer Wine

I think that's unfair. Last of the Summer Wine isn't that bad really

Quote: David Carmon @ December 10 2009, 11:13 AM GMT

I think that's unfair. Last of the Summer Wine isn't that bad really

It is now, but was brilliant during its first ten years.

The newly televised Big Top seems to be making a big impression on this thread.
It's that bad is it?

hang on I've just found the thread and it looks very angry!

Quote: Jack Massey @ December 10 2009, 12:37 PM GMT

It is now, but was brilliant during its first ten years.

Edit: First four years