Worst 10 British sitcoms ever Page 16

Quote: john lucas 101 @ February 24 2010, 10:29 AM GMT

I seem to recall the Keith Barron sitcom having a dreadful joke about 'Baking and entering'.

You say dreadful, but I'm smiling! :)

Birds Of A Feather, Two Pints, Grownups, The Brittas Empire.

I watched The Brittas Empire the other day and got into it again.

Birds of a Feather wasn't always great but I loved it. Kept me going when I was getting a hard time in school, would get home and shove it on so I could laugh for a bit. That and Goodnight Sweetheart.

2 Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, trashy, unclassy, vile, vulgar and downright wrong - I LOVE IT!

Yes it has bad jokes, but the characters are well rounded when you look past the risky humour and for 'how bad' it's supposed to be it hasn't half had a good run. Plus it's set & filmed (outside shots) near me so I will stick up for it any day :)

Hi-De-Hi!. (Cringe.) How can anyone say The Royle Family? I know the later episodes are not as good as the earlier series. Laughing out loud

Quote: ruthrose wilson @ February 25 2010, 8:48 AM GMT

Birds Of A Feather, Two Pints, Grownups, The Brittas Empire.

I like all those. :D

Birds Of A Feather is horrid. Also what winds me up is As Time Goes By.

Love Rising Damp, Reggie Perrin, The Young Ones, Bottom, Blackadder...

God yes, Grownups is horrible as well

Birds of a Feather was a little bit ragged at times but there was a germ of a very good sitcom in there. Had it been written a lot tighter and with more sitcommy things happening to liven it up, it could have been a classic. It had some great dialogue and some really funny lines, as you'd expect from Marks and Gran, but they skimped on the action IMO.

Over in the US, I have enough trouble finding where to watch the great shows! I know this won't be popular, but I have made several attempts to watch Open All Hours and I just find it well...boring. It probably just hasn't aged well though

Open All Hours is a bit of a slow paced thing at times, can look very "seventies" compared to other sitcoms of its time, but I think its a good one, it has some great characters and they mostly have a lot of depth and warmth in them.

Quote: Balf @ February 20 2009, 3:18 AM GMT

Dear John...
Chef!
May to December
Waiting for God

I love Chef ! Especially season 1. The sarcasm is brilliant. Whenever someone orders ketchup or salt in a restaurant it automatically reminds me of Chef's outburst.

I was also very fond of May to December, although I haven't watched that in 20 years :D I really should try that again.

Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps for me, utter shite!

The worst 2 comedies in the history of TV have to be Babes in the Wood with the Upper hand running a very close second

Probbly not mentioned much here as the question was worst sitcoms and neither of these could be classed as a comedy

Quote: smc4761 @ October 13 2012, 6:19 PM BST

The worst 2 comedies in the history of TV have to be Babes in the Wood with the Upper hand running a very close second

Probbly not mentioned much here as the question was worst sitcoms and neither of these could be classed as a comedy

Babes In The Wood was tosh of the highest order, as was the British version of the Golden Girls, Brighton Belles, I still shudder whenever anyone mentions Brighton.

Many not quite the worst, but after how great the shorts on YouTube were, I was sorely disappointed by Gary: Tank Commander.

Did they ever release a box set of The Upper Hand?

One that I actually liked, I can see why people didn't though.