3. Sorry
4. Pilgrims Rest
5. Dad
6. Ain't Misbehavin' (secretly like it)
7. Kiss Me Kate
8. Life Of Riley - though I'd give it a chance in 2nd series
9. Let Them Eat Cake
10. Mirrorball (1 ep was bad enough)

You've been talking about half of these all day! How are they suddenly 'worst'?

Sorry Aaron I don't mean to provoke you with this one but my entry is "Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet of Crisps". It's in the same vein of why I hate "Two And A Half Men". The show remind me of hanging around with unfunny people who think their funny. People who you have to be nice to for some reason that don't stop with their rehashed jokes about sex meanwhile you have to sit and politely smile like you've never heard it before.

Quote: Aaron @ September 21 2009, 9:57 PM BST

You've been talking about half of these all day! How are they suddenly 'worst'?

I'm wanting to see a few of them again, like Dr Willoughby, Pilgrims Rest, mainly to see if they are any good. From what I remember they were ok at best.

It's a list of ones that I really do hate (Lunch Monkeys and Sorry!) and ones that lasted for a series before being axed (Not that it makes them bad, just less memorable) and I can only just remember them.

But every time I see Sorry and Barbara Lott I want to Sick

Full House anyone?
Rings On their Fingers?
Don't Rock The Boat (Oh God help us!) :S
The one with Derek Nimmo as a vicar. :$
French Fields
Executive Stress (Aaaarghh!)

My head hurts. Not thinking up anymore for now. Rolling eyes

1) 'Allo 'Allo!
2) The Vicar Of Dibley
3) Goodnight Sweetheart
4) My Family
5) How Not To Live Your Life

Quote: zardoz @ November 3 2009, 5:48 PM GMT

1) 'Allo 'Allo!
2) The Vicar Of Dibley
3) Goodnight Sweetheart
4) My Family

Poor choices

Quote: bigfella @ November 3 2009, 6:20 PM GMT

Poor choices

Agreed.

I think not, Mr/Mrs zardoz!

1) 'Allo 'Allo!

Sensible man, hey Aaron.

1) 'Allo 'Allo!
2) The Vicar Of Dibley
3) Goodnight Sweetheart
4) My Family

Fabulous choices you read my mind.

Except I haven't seen How Not To Live Your Life.

Just a question. I've read through this thread, I have not heard of all the shows mentioned but was surprised that My Family was not mentioned earlier. So, is it because it's bad but not that bad? or is it actually considered ok and that it's just not my thing? I'm not exactly educated in the world of sitcom writing so I'm interested in what people think. cheers

I think there's a great deal of ambivalence towards My Family around here. As a writer I would say it's mostly bland, insipid and basically not funny enough. As a father I would say it does it job as a family show with a reasonable degree of competence - my kids will can watch it and have a few laughs (they are 10!). As a sitcom fan, it's simply not my cup of tea and I think that pre-watershed comedy could be so much better.

It has never had the lashing that, say, the first series of Life Of Riley had, but it's doesn't either excite/repulse most of the members around here. There are some die-hard fans on its dedicated threads and fair play to them.

So, in answer to your question, I think that the general feeling is that it's probably not that bad, but it certainly feels irrelevant to many of us. :)

Thanks Tim. So it seems that it's the magnolia of sitcoms. I am also a father so I know what you mean about it being a family show, although (and again I only know it makes me laugh and may not be considered clever/well written) Me and my daughter enjoy TV Burp and I reckon This Morning With Richard Not Judy also could be enjoyed in this manner.

If you or your kids haven't seen it, then CBBC's Sorry, I've Got No Head is a very good sketch show by adults for kids (James Bachman etc). So good it's even featured on the BCG. :)