What are you gaming? Page 97

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 6 2011, 12:52 AM GMT

I've spent three whole days without playing Skyrim. Impressive. Almost like a real grown-up.

Same here, although I had no choice in the matter due to the small problem of a shoe sticking through the TV screen after kicking it off in a drunken stuper. Oooops Teary

Just wondering, is it sad that I instantly recognised that arse from episode 3.1 of Misfits? :O

Quote: Danny Boy @ December 6 2011, 1:27 AM GMT

Just wondering, is it sad that I instantly recognised that arse from episode 3.1 of Misfits? :O

Clearly you haven't read the "Who do you fancy?" thread recently.

Quote: Daddy Maz @ December 5 2011, 12:02 PM GMT

If I were to get an Xbox for Christmas, what are the essential games to get with it?

I have been out of the loop for a good few years what with kids etc. I'm now looking forward to losing myself in a few games to get away from the kids etc.

I hear Fifa is better than PES now?

Best shoot em up/war game?

Much appreciated.

The new X Box will probably be out next year, just so you know.

The most popular FPS is Call of duty (with the newest Modern Warfare breaking all sales records), but the best is generally considered to be the Battlefield series (2 being the not recent, but the Bad Company games are brilliant). CoD online play is more arcadey and fast paced, but is years behind in terms to game mechanics and graphics (what, STILL no destructible environments?!).

Are you set on xbox? I've always been a big supporter of the PS3.

We are still playing Driver on PS3, and I've cracked outthe original xbox and am hammering my way through Fable. Driver is genuinely one fantastic game, and I'm not really that big ino racing games generally. It is super varied and incredibly exciting. Before we got it I was concerned about the new shift function, but really it's brilliant. I'd be surprised if it doesn't revolutionise driving games. I can see the burnout series really benefiting from it.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ December 6 2011, 2:08 PM GMT

The new X Box will probably be out next year, just so you know.

Whilst an excellent point, well made!

Buying a (successful) console near the end of it's life is very smart as you will have a whole back-catalog of games to pick from at a reduced price. The negatives are of course lack of future support which would include online play.

Yes yes, not something I'm ignorant of. It's purchase in one years time though would be even better (which is what I'll be doing-BOOM BOOM). Or at least after Microsoft have given any solid indication of the new console's release. As soon as press releases and dates start flying around, 360s will start the descent towards cheapaschipsness!

I still haven't got a HD console but boy when I do... every other bugger will be playing on their 720 or PS4 :(

I won't be (for a while anyway)

Just ordered skyrim off amazon for 22 quid plus free delivery

Daylight robbery!

I should be wearing a mask

Quote: lofthouse @ December 7 2011, 5:54 PM GMT

Daylight robbery!

What you've saved in money, Skyrim will take a thousand times over from your social life.

With any luck!

Fed up of hearing about f**king Skyrim.

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 7 2011, 8:19 PM GMT

Fed up of hearing about f**king Skyrim.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud I'm sure a new Fad will turn up soon.

Quote: lofthouse @ December 7 2011, 5:54 PM GMT

Daylight robbery!

How did you manage that?

Quote: David Bussell @ November 18 2011, 3:24 PM GMT

LOLOPOLOOZER!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K27GuSSha0s

Excellent.

cf. Swearing Mudcrabs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6QEZ_QZprM

And speaking of LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIt7vvPfpWA

Some guy rolled 2,500 cheeses down a mountain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCrhDamN82k

The cheese rolling was spectacular. Reminded me of the old Sony Bravia ad.